Oh? A Corpse Approaches!

(Warnings are put at the beginning of a chapter, and summary's at the end. Also, I write all of my stories assuming you've seen the whole show, at least up until season five in this case, so if I need to explain anything ask. And spoilers, if you haven't watched past season one.)

*Warning: Depictions of dementia, and grossly over-detailed gore*

The breeze carried with it the heavy scent of spring, the light crisp smell of blooming flowers, and the earthy musk from recent rain. Looking up one could find a mostly unclouded bright blue sky highlighting the shining sun that beat down upon the moist earth warming it. A young man stood watering flowers and various other vegetable and fruit plants that grew in front of a bright yellow house, watching carefully as two young children ran in the small meadow that lay in front of it. He fanned himself with the light blue jacket he was wearing, his dark denim jeans making the slight heat overwhelming as it beat down on his form. Meanwhile, the children, a girl, and a boy both ran through the tall grass laughing happily as every step disturbed the lay of the butterflies resting there. Creaking was heard from the rocker sitting in the shade of the house's porch drawing the male's attention toward it. A small plump woman rocked as she looked out into the forest beyond the meadow a glazed look in her eyes.

"Izuku do you know where your father's at?" she asked still rocking in her chair hands placed on the armrests as she looked down at her son.

Izuku shook his head, "No I don't Mom, he should be back soon though maybe he went to the market." 

Inko nodded her eyes growing glazed once more, "Oh...the market, where's the market?" she asked her brows furrowing in confusion.  

"In town Mom." Izuku said gently setting the watering can down and getting on one knee to finish weeding the garden out. 

She nodded blankly got up from her chair and walked towards the front door then stopped. Turning around she laughed lightly, "Oh silly me I forgot I need to go feed the chickens." she hummed softly walking down the porch.

Izuku got up and quickly got to her side, putting a hand on her shoulder tentatively he said, "No Mom you already fed the chickens, how about you go inside and I'll make lunch when I get Eri and Kota back in?" There was a soft sound of agreement and she happily walked back towards the house, leaving her bright lemon yellow cardigan on the rocking chair. Izuku quickly grabbed it and draped it over her shoulders as she walked in, he let his mouth stretch into a strained smile and patted her shoulder. "Careful you almost forgot this, it's a bit chilly in the house."  

She laughed lightly, "Thank you sweetheart you know this is my favorite cardigan. Your father bought it for me on our first anniversary." she said smiling wistfully while opening the door to the house but forgetting to close it. The strained smile dropped from his face as he shut the door, he turned back towards the meadow and smiled softly. Eri and Kota sat carefully combing through the grass hoping to find a bug to play with. His siblings never failed to bring a smile onto his face, he walked quickly down the porch steps and out into the meadow. Both quickly turned their attention from the ladybug they found to their older brother and ran toward him. 

"Big brother!!!" they cheered jumping into his open and awaiting arms, he laughed softly. 

"Hey guys it's time for lunch so when we get inside wash up and help Mom set the table, ok?" they both nodded eagerly jumping out of his arms. They ran towards the house giggling making it into a small race to see who could reach the porch first. He sighed shaking his head fondly at their antics, he hoped to death they'd never lose their childish outlook. It was a stupid dream he knew but he hoped and wished desperately for it all the same.