Chapter Twelve: Ella

Chapter Twelve:

I sat there listen to the shrill ring of my cell phone which never seemed to stop. My hands were pulling at my hair. My wrists were a bloody mess and I was pacing the bathroom letting the blood drip on the floor.

My brain felt too big for my head and I felt like puking. Questions were screaming in my head and I knew I couldn't withstand it much longer.

Before I realized what I was doing I swung my bare fist into the Mirror cracking it. I punched it again. I Yelled at my shattered reflection and then I heard the door open. I stopped and my hands dropped to my sides.

"Matt! Get your ass in here!" My dad drunkly slurred. I shook as I walked down the hall. As soon as I slunk around the corner to the living room He hurled a beer bottle just over my head and it shattered leaving shards of glass in my hair.

"What are the bruises on your face? Did someone beat you up because your a stupid fag?"

I just stood there, I was already a bruised and bloody mess Dad. Gee I have an Idea lets just add more! Great Idea!

"Come Over Here!"

I walked towards him and stood looking up at him. He punched my Jaw and Then began yelling. I tuned everything out. I should of just listen to Raymon. I should of just stayed with him...

My dad stopped and stumbled away muttering. I Grabbed my phone and my bag and ran out the door. I checked my phone hesitantly. 53 missed calls. 38 messages all from him.

I walked to to the field and sat against the nearest tree. I check message after message and listen to every voicemail. I was in tears and sobbing by the latest one. I Put down my phone and then looked down at myself. I grabbed my bag and began cleaning every cut with peroxide. gritting my teeth at the burn.

I wrapped gauze around my forearms and fist and then brushed my hair out my fingers. I threw on a beanie and a pair of sunglasses and then got up. I grabbed my bag and My phone and decided I wanted mountain dew.

I walked into the drug store avoiding everyone I could and grabbed what I Needed and took them up to the register.

A teenage girl with  black and blue hir and a batman shirt rung up my stuff and then Put them in a bag.

"What happened to your wrist?" She asked with wide innocent eyes.

"I fell." I lied

"Yeah right... Because you just by a box of razors. perocide, and gauze for other reasons." She said "I cut too but I try not to, If you ever need to talk to someone I wrote my number on your receit, my names Ella by the way."

"Thanks.. I'm Matt..."

"I know Im in your school. I'll be cheaking on you now though just a warning" She said and smiled. I liked her she was a like a deadly bunny...

***

I gulped and then knocked on the door. I had put on a hoodie and the sleeves hung over my hands. My skin was covered in makeup and I was looking done as someone answered

"Matt" Raymon cried and I felt him hugging me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and nuzzled my face In his chest.

"I was so worried, Why didnt you answer!?" He asked as he kissed the top of my head over and over again

"Come on inside" He said pulling my in.

"Are you alright?" he asked and then he noticed. He eyes swept over the bruises on my face and i balled up my sleeves in my fist.

His eyes looked down at my hands and he took them both gently in his. He pulled up both sleeves and saw the gauze from my knucles to my elbow.

"Matt.." He said and I looked up at his eyes. They were teary and I forced myself to look away.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry" I whispered my voice suddenly cracking with emotion. I licked my lips nervously as he knelt next to me. He kissed my bandaged wrists and then rose to kiss my forehead.

"Its me that should be sorry" He whispered "If I woulld have been there I could have stopped Mark"

I just hugged him and burried my face in his chest not wanting him to see my tears. I wasnt use to someone caring for me like he did.