CHAPTER 7: Thorn Apple

"Nghhh, nggghh, nnhhgg..."

Chuuya couldn't take it anymore. They had been at it all night. At first, he had tried to be nice and let things be but Dazai hadn't let him take a minute of sleep. Damn, that bastard was restless! 

Chuuya tried to concentrate on the ceiling while waiting for Dazai to finally get tired and stop but obviously that wouldn't be the case.

"Annghhh, nnnghhhh, nnnhggg, ah!"

Okay that's it. Chuuya stood up, went to Dazai's bed and punched the moron in the guts, making him yelp painfully. The bandaged mummy seemed like he wanted to say not very nice words but when he recognised that angelical face, he stayed composed.

-Ouch Slug! Why'd you do that? –

-Retard, you've been snoring all night! Just put a paci or something in that stupid mouth of yours and shut up! –

-I'd like to put other things in my mo –

-OMG just become mute or something! I'm outta here! –

Chuuya slammed the door behind him and walked to the lounge. It was still too early and the sun hadn't come out yet although the sky was starting to lighten and saying goodbye to the sleepy stars. Chuuya sat on one of the couches, noticing the other figure who sat on another one nearby.

-An early bird too, I see. -Mori started the conversation.

The mysterious agent was already fully dressed up and sipping on his coffee whereas Chuuya still wore his pyjamas and boogers in his nostrils. His hair was messy, unbrushed and tangled from sleep. Chuuya already had a dislike for Mori so he just stared at him and said nothing.

-And not much of a speaker, either, huh? Quite strange to see you so quiet and timid now yet yesterday you gave the impression of being more on the voyeuristic and perverted side... If you know what I'm referring to. –

Chuuya sneered at Mori but kept silent. His cheeks would've betrayed him had there been daylight but thankfully their colour was safely hidden in the darkness. That had been a pretty embarrassing situation and apparently it hadn't gone unnoticed like he had hoped.

-Don't worry, my friend. -Mori reassured him. -No one else has noticed and I won't tell a soul. Your secret is safe with me. –

Chuuya nodded, now relieved and grateful. Maybe Mori was a bizarre person but he had been wrong by judging him in advance. After all, even if Dazai was a pain in the ass he was very smart and therefore, he'd never have chosen an incompetent agent to work with.

Agents were essential for a renowned actor and so, they usually had ties with trusted people related to the actor themselves. Then when a contract was signed, their business relationship often became closer and stronger, developing into deep bonds and friendships. 

Mori surely was someone important to Dazai and although Chuuya hated him, he as a professional would respect it.

Chuuya decided not to be rude and speak for the first time. -Dazai must really trust you. I guess you're close with him. –

-Yes. -Answered the older man. – You could say so. 

I met Dazai when he was around 9 or 10 years old. Even at such young age he had potential but he was emotionally not prepared for fame at that time. Once I talked to his parents, I started coaching him so his full potential could flourish. 

At 13 he had already become more mature so I allowed him to star in his first film. As I had known, he was truly gifted. That first role gave him the push to keep up and the rest is history. 

He was made for the cameras and I just showed him the path to his true self. He values me for that and we love each other dearly. I'm like a father figure to him. –

Mori's answer moved Chuuya to tears. Their agent-actor relationship was so perfect! Chuuya on the contrary had always been controlled and bossed around by his family who pressured him into always doing better for the "sake of them all".

When he had grown older, they had assigned him to Yosano and despite being in great terms with her, they never were friends or anything more.

The two spent some more time, sharing thoughts and experiences and when the first rays of sun hit their faces, Mori decided to leave. He stood up and excused himself.

-It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Dazai did well accepting the offer to work with you, even if he did SO behind my back. Now I will go back to my room if you don't mind. –

He walked away until he reached the corner. From there he spared one last glance at his knew acquaintance and added some final words.

-Oh, and please, Chuuya, do try to be more careful next time you plan on doing something questionable. Who knows what would happen if someone else were to find out about your, ehem, preferences... -

Why does Dazai make sounds like that when he's sleeping? Is it because of what he's dreaming about? And Mori... Something's not right with him.