Aesthetic Memories

'a story made from a dream.'

AESTHETIC MEMORIES
A ONE SHOT STORY
by
HannahRedspring
aka
Scarlett Summers
01.28.21

You'll never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory

=×=×=×=×=

I WAKE UP from a dream with tears in my eyes.

My emotions are all over the place as I wonder why that dream pained me as if something just pinched my soul. It's like a part of me is screaming from the depths of my heart.

"Remember Heather... Don't you forget me... Us..."

Yet no matter how many times I replay that scene in my mind, I really can't remember. That dream, is it even real? Or was it just some made up scenes that my mind created?

To be honest, I really don't know what to believe, but a dream is just a dream.

It's just pure chemical reaction and stuff and you shouldn't be bothered by the dreams you can't remember Heather. I reminded myself, I shouldn't cling to something that is not real. Just think of it like a glitch in a computer, it's not that important.

What's important is what reality is showing you in the present. It's one shitty reality that I have to endure day by day.

I activated the AI and it greeted me back as if I was its friend. Whoever made this AI surely did his or her job to make the AI sound almost human.

In the year where different technologies are abundant, what more could humans do?

Smartphones make every life easier as if you have your very own compact laptop wherever you go. Every task is just like a swipe of a finger that you could do in less than an hour rather than four hours of work and brainstorming.

Nowadays, you can just select whatever designs, food, dress, shoes, accessories, you want and voila, everything is set for you. And just like my usual routine the AI and the machine did its work and filled me up with everything that should happen today especially my breakfast. However, before I could even hear today's schedule, my mother called me on my phone.

I swiped it and a hologram appeared right in front of the tiny screen.

"Good morning sweetie."

"Heya, Mom. Good morning, what's up?" I smiled for her not to worry about me much.

"All is good, have you taken your medicine? Have you eaten your breakfast already?" Here goes old worrying Mom.

"Mom, I'm thirty two, I am okay." I giggled and saw worry in her eyes.