Match Made In Detention | Pt. 3

Prom night couldn't have come any sooner

Prom night couldn't have come any sooner. You couldn't believe the night you waited for since you were a freshman was finally here.

You had your mom zip up the back of your dress while you put your jewelry on. Nasir would be here any minute now and you were suddenly growing anxious.

You and him had been getting to know each other more and more since the day he asked you to prom. It actually started to feel like you've known him for years. Aside from you guys talking about and planning out this special evening, you would engage in various topics about life, happiness, and love.

You also discovered how much of a comedian Nas could be. Behind that calm, cool, collective persona, he really had a vibrant personality.

"What time is your date going to be here?" Your mom inquired, glancing at you through the mirror. She was currently fixing your hair which was in a long low, wavy ponytail with a side swoop.

"He said he'll be here around 6pm." You responded, grabbing your phone off the dresser to check the time. It was now 5:53pm.

You placed your phone back down, looking at your mom in the mirror. "You look beautiful, sweetie." She complimented you with a smile.

You turned around and gave her a hug. "Thank you, mommy."

The doorbell suddenly rang and you instantly sucked in a sharp breath in excitement. "He's here oh my god, oh my god! Let me check my makeup one more time." You quickly looked back at the mirror.

Your mom just chuckled, "you must really like this boy."

You blushed and rolled your eyes, remaining silent as your mom gave you a look. "Mhmmm, I knew it. Got you over here acting like you about to get married." She laughed and walked out your room to answer the door.

You couldn't deny that you were slowly growing some feelings for Nas. The connection and chemistry was just there. It was funny because prior to you and him having detention together that day, you didn't care for his existence. Now you couldn't see your life without him, even as a friend.

You heard your mom and Nas conversing downstairs as you sprayed some perfume on yourself. You placed the bottle down and took a deep breath, grabbing your clutch purse and phone off the dresser.

You cautiously made your way down the steps due to your high heels, keeping your eye on each step. You hadn't noticed it, but Nasir was in complete awe. You looked absolutely stunning.

"Wow." Nas grinned softly as you reached the last two steps. You looked up at him while he held his hand out for you, helping you down. "You look beautiful." He complimented, admiring your gorgeous gown for the night.