Conflicted

[ something light and non-smutty 🦋 ]

"I hate you!" She yelled.

"I hate you too! Fuck outta here." Nas spat back.

You rolled your eyes as you leaned against your car, watching Nas and his girlfriend go at it... again.

The couple had been dating for almost two years and just couldn't seem to get it right. They fought with each other more than they did anything else.

You and Nas had been best friends for as long as you both could remember. You grew up with each other. Your parents were really close, so it wasn't like you could escape him if you wanted to and vice versa.

Every time he had drama with some girls, you were always there to pick up the pieces. From his very first girlfriend in ninth grade, to this toxic ass relationship he was in now at 26 years old.

You were always there. But it was starting to get tiring. Especially when you've always been the one to warn him about most the of the girls he's been with.

Alot of them only loved how easy it was to take advantage of him. Nas was a very intelligent and kind person. Too kind. It made you mad majority of the time because how could someone like him, of his caliber, be so fucking slow when it came to women?

Throw some pussy in his face and it's like he loses all his brain cells. You never understood it.

Nas would always take your warnings as you being 'jealous' or you 'wanting to be with him instead'.

No. That wasn't the case. He was simply just a smart man who was stupid for girls.

He would always realize later that they were just using him for things he'd buy or do for them. It was never any real love.

His current girlfriend, Avery, had actually been cheating on Nas for a while now. You were the first to tell him when you saw her at a party all over another man. Nas didn't believe you.

It wasn't until his friends came with similar stories about Avery, that he now wanted to listen.

This annoyed you to the max. But still, you decided to come when Nas called you up to come get him from the crib he shared with Avery.

Usually their arguments would be over how much of his money she was spending. So it was kind of entertaining seeing it be about something else now. But what baffled you the most was how Avery was throwing Nas out like he was the one who did something wrong.

She had bags of his clothes flying out the door. You went and grabbed a few, placing them in your trunk and back seat while Nas continued to argue with her.

"And then you got this bitch here, picking up your shit like she's yo' girl! You wanna accuse me of something when I know you been fucking that bitch, I ain't stupid!" Avery shouted, instantly causing you to drop everything and storm towards her. Nas immediately stepped in and held you back.