5 • day off

♣︎𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕗𝕗♣︎

♣︎𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕗𝕗♣︎

bae joohyun

sunday, it was a calm day. well, i was alone in my apartment. suddenly, my phone rang. i looked at the screen, and the name of my best friend popped up. i picked up in a rush, absolutely wanting to hear her voice.

"hello?" i started, closing my eyes and laying my head on the table. i smiled unknowingly as i heard her breath through the phone.

"joohyun! you finally reply! where were you?" gyuyoung said to me.

i sighed and i looked at the window, the sun was going through, slightly warming the room up. i didn't know what to answer, i just had to find an excuse.

"i was okay, just a little busy. i'm sorry." i let out as i cracked my knuckles. she didn't know about my chaotic relationship with juyeon. she thought that everything was alright between us and that we were a normal couple. silly.

"and… are still busy right now?" she asked, i could feel through the screen that she wanted me to say no.

"i don't think so… why though?" my head tilted.

she hummed softly, finding her words as i scratched my nose.

"what about eating something together? it's almost noon so why not?"

instinctively started to bite my nails, knowing that juyeon would be mad at me if he knew that i was planning to go somewhere without him.

"of course! i'm getting ready, okay? let's go to the restaurant near your place, huh?" i forced myself to smile to not show my nervousness in my voice.

"see you there!" with that, she hung up.

i tapped my fingers on the table, still holding my phone against my ear. i was thinking, i would surely regret that, but i really wanted to spend time with my best friend. even if i wasn't sure he could understand that.

i stood up in a quick move, heading to my room as the wooden floor crackled under my feet. i grabbed clothes, making sure they were matching before hurrying to the bathroom. i quickly prepared myself to leave and left my phone on my desk. juyeon had actually traced my phone so he could know where i was at any moment. leaving my phone here was a way to sneak out without any problems.

i left the apartment and locked the door. i let out a sigh before starting to walk out of the building. it was sunny outside, there was a hot wind blowing. i made my way to the subway station, i could help but worry. what if juyeon learns about it? it would probably be the death of me.

after some stations passed, i finally arrived at the restaurant.

"joohyun-ah!" a female voice said behind me. gyuyoung trotted to me and hugged me softly. "how are you?" the question made me sigh but i just shoved off my thoughts and smiled for her.

"i'm so fine! and you?" i asked after patting her shoulder.

"well i'm pretty good! i just bought a new laptop for sangyeon and me!" she smiled sweetly and broke the hug.

i ooo-ed her and nudged her waist. i envied her in some ways. she was always happy and had a decent boyfriend, unlike me. sangyeon was a very nice guy, he was caring and loving with gyuyoung for years now. i knew it because i had met him when i wasn't dating juyeon yet. we were kind of close friends before.

"that's nice! shall we?" i said and i pointed at the restaurant in front of us. it was a very chic restaurant, giving a modern atmosphere as we entered inside.

a waiter came to us, indicating a two person table.we took place and started to talk. i sighed in relief, it was relaxing to have some time with her. other than at school, we didn't see each other so often.

"soo… how is it going? with your man?" she smirked and joined her hands on the table.

i bit my lips, but managed to answer quickly to not give her weird vibes.

"he's so nice! as always… we hang out so often, that's crazy!" i faked a smile and watched her smile even more. she really believed it.

before she could continue talking, the waiter walked to our table to take our order. after saying what i wanted, i started to zone out, thinking about nothing but juyeon. i looked down at my wrist, the one juyeon was always holding tightly. my skin was slightly bruised, purple and blue stains on it. i caressed the marks with my shaking fingers.

"joohyun? joohyun!" i heard gyuyoung calling me. i lifted my head and and covered my injuries with my sleeves. "are you okay?" she asked, concerned.

"oh- yeah! no need to worry! i'm just a little bit tired these days!" i cleared my throat and smiled at her.

she nodded slowly, not totally sure about what i said.

"huh- where did we stop?" she restarted the conversation awkwardly.

i just hoped that no one could see me there and report me to juyeon.

lee juyeon, he has become my worst nightmare.