Chapter 3

The botany class was finally over. Each and every student enjoyed the session quite a lot. Eren had written about the cherry blossom tree and even tried to draw it on the blank page on his notebook but failed miserably, which was easy to notice after taking look at his notebook. The faded pencil marks was a proof of his odd drawing attempts on the peice of paper next to his notes about the cherry blossom. Mikasa and Historia drew some aesthetic notes that are popular on Insta these days. Ymir just wrote everything with black ball point pen. Jean and Connie were sharing their notes with each other, both of them did half of the work. Sasha was looking at her own notes, which weren't as tidy as they should be. She had drawn numerous doodles of food like burgers, other junk food and other stuff like that.

You went over to Armin to examine his notes. The drawing of the buds of the sunflowers were your favorite part of his notes.

After that, you finally decided to see your own notes. Messy and unorganized. However, these weren't your actual, fair notes. You knew You were gonna aesthetically decorate these at home after seeing some pintrest inspired note ideas.

Following the trends and just fitting in was your ideal life after all.

-

It was time for break, you went over to your classmates while everyone was either gossiping or re-starting their vehicles. Eren gestured you to come to him. He proposed the ideas of you taking a ride with him to your home. It was already a tiring day, so you thanked him an took the back seat.

Eren invited Berthold and Annie too to show off his dad's cars. He also wanted to notice his best friend's ex girlfriend and her, as the observed, new love interest.

You took the backseat along with Annie. Bertholdt went over to the front passenger seat.

-

They were about to reach Annie's house. Annie searching her backpack and looked for some stuff in it. After searching, she handed a cardboard bag to Eren.

"Armin's stuff." She said before getting out of the car. Her blank expressions showed that she had nothing left for him in her heart. Eren gave her a nod. She turned towards her house and went out of the site as she took the left turn to another street.

Eren looked at bertholdt and sighed and he started the engine again. "So she's moved on, Even found a new lover?" A confused look appeared on Bertholdt's face. "What? We know that you guys are dating." Eren replied to his confusion with full confidence in his voice with focus on the road.

"No! Who told you that?" He answered, trying to display that he had no feelings for her.

"My experience, Bert. The way you both share casual eye contacts, the way you are actively engaged in all the conversations you share with her regardless of the topic, the way her behavior and attitude changes around you. Literally everything."

"Eren..It had no idea this was happening. But now that I look back at it, huh.." Berthold was shockingly confused but a glimpse of joy could be seen in his eyes.

"So it was just a crush? Guess my instincts were wrong this time. Well I'm not here to support your love-life anyway. What I'm here to tell you is whatever you do, don't hurt Armin's feelings. My guy's sensitive and he's still not over that break-up. Try not to be rough to him or I'll be rough to you, physically."

The sudden stop of the car added an extra layer to the panic. "We've arrived." Bert quickly got out and walked away to his apartment building.

"I'm confused, Eren! Break-ups? Annie and Berthold? What is this about dude?" You begin as soon as Bertholdt left.

"You don't know about this drama? It's the talk of the town. Lemme spill the tea, shall I?" Eren replied. "Armin and Annie were in a relationship for half a year. Armin got all lovey dovey but that didn't change Annie's ways of torturing him. He got more miserable day after another and his spirits completely broke." Your eyes were widened. "That eventually lead to their break-up and an end to this disaster, but the mental trauma affects him till date." Eren continued.

You were out of words. Annie always seemed like such an inspiration to you for her unbothered nature and confident attitude, but this was your first time looking at her darkside.

"Today I wanted to take his revenge. Anyone can notice the sorrow in Armin's eyes, right? No matter what, one things for sure. They can't be together again." Their conversations ended on that note.

-

"So that blonde boy has some pretty intense relationship trauma, huh?" You thought to yourself, getting distracted from the maths calculations you were doing. "I mean he does seem to show some PTSD symptoms. Maybe I could do my research on him for mental health disorders. But for now I have to concentrate on math."

Later you got added in the Semester 1 friends group on whatsapp by Eren and you did some house decoration. You called it a day and soon went to bed instead of scrolling through tiktok and overthinking anything.