His Worst Fear

"She? Who is she?" Sans growled again, wanting nothing more then to confront her and tear her apart, but your safety... that mattered more. "undyne, queen of the underground." He grabbed your hand and started towards the elevator. "the metal alloy used to build this lab is magic resistant, i can't make a shortcut from down here to up there so we're gonna have to make a run for it. she's not getting your soul." Undyne. You remembered Papyrus mentioning something about her, how she had did that to Sans head. After what happened with Alphys, you were surprised he wasn't doing the same with Undyne. He probably wanted to, but he was putting your safety first, which meant Undyne was more of a threat. "My soul?" You asked as you tried to keep up with Sans. "most monsters down here are starving and have no food. undick on the other hand she has whatever food is left and kills humans without mercy for their souls. yours would be the last, but i don't think you'd care to free cannibals into the world, let alone get ruthlessly murdered." You had to agree on both points, but before you could nod, you were shoved away.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You wheezed as you slammed into the wall, Sans flinching a bit as you did. Seconds later he was dodging past a fucking teal spear though, so you didn't blame him more as you blamed whoever threw it. Sans growled sounding almost feral as his hand absent-mindedly moved to his eyesocket, the other tightening around the handle of his axe. " u n d y n e . " He seethed lowly as a fish woman with deadly looking purple armor, a bandage around her eye, and ribs for her crown stepped out, another spear in her hand. "Sans... what did you do to her.." Undyne sounded pissed, but so did Sans. He smiled an insane smile at her. "oh, you know... i t o o k o u t t h e t r a s h . " He disappeared, reappearing behind Undyne who ducked as the axe swung over her head. She grabbed Sans arm and pulled him in front of her, jabbing her spear downwards. Sans used his free hand to redirect it and summoned bones to get her away from him. He quickly found his place in front of you.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Protecting a human, Sans? What happened to eating them?" Undyne glowered at you in a terrifying manner, but Sans was quick to shield you from her death inducing stare. Undyne laughed lowly. "Fuhuhuhuhuhu... so she's special to you.." You weren't liking where this was going as another spear cackled I to existence. "Alphys was special to me, I think it's time to return the favor!" She made the first move this time, waving her spear. Suddenly Sans seemed rooted to the spot, unable to move. "green magic?! shit-" Undyne laughed again and occupied Sans with spears while she focused her attention on you. You were going to have to fight now. You stood up quickly as the fish ran at you and you found yourself shooting fire to keep her away. She jumped away quickly. "Magic?!" She couldn't believe it. You summoned up tridents and fired them at her, the distraction working to break Sans free from her hold. You ran over, grabbing his hand, before dashing away as fast as you could. There was no way you two could fight her and survive. There was an enraged scream from where Undyne was and you knew she was coming again.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

As soon as you managed to get on top of the elevator, you were in the doorway of the house. "did she hurt you [Y/N]...?" Sans grabbed your arms, surveying you for any damage. You were frozen in shock. "[Y/N]...?" He asked again. "Y-you said it again... you called me by my name... three times.." You sputtered. He closed his sockets, sighing in relief. "yeah... yeah i did. i'm glad you seem unhurt." He gasped, sockets opening wide as you hugged onto him tightly, crying. He sighed again gently, returning your embrace as he took you home. "we can try to go to the c.o.r.e again tomorrow. undyne will be on her guard now, so we'll have to be careful." Sans murmured as you both sat down. "What... do you remember..?" You asked slowly. It was a big deal, what could you say? Sans chuckled lightly, cupping one of your cheeks. You blushed on contact. "i can't call you shorty anymore, human of snowdin." You squealed, tackle hugging him. He couldn't help but laugh in response while Papyrus poked in from the kitchen, confused.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" Papyrus asked in confusion. "AM I INTERRUPTING SOMETHING?" You shook your head, smiling like a maniac. "Nothing much, Shorty here just gave me great news. We have to celebrate!" Sans gaped at you. "excuse me, that was my nickname for you [Y/N], you can't just take it!" You tried to make yourself as dramatic as possible as you stood up and flipped your hair. "I just did." You raspberried him. "ya better put that back in your mouth before i grab it, girly." You sweatdropped. "Wow Sans, really?" He leaned back, grinning. "i'm not sorry."
"I know you're not.." You suddenly felt drained. As you should after that encounter with Undyne. Sans took notice and pulled you down onto him. "you should rest, [Y/N], we can take a few days off until undick cools her tits." Papyrus growled at the mention of Undyne, having been fawning over you two previously. "YES, SLEEP IS VERY IMPORTANT, ESPECIALLY SO WHEN YOU RUN INTO..." Papyrus growled yet again. "Undyne.." You huffed at them, but didn't disagree any. They weren't wrong. You crawled off of Sans, much to his disappointment, and curled up on the couch beside him, which was less disappointing. "Goodnight boys, sleep tight.."