2 - The Coffee Shop

While Momo and Jiro were still getting ready, Tsuyu Asui was already checked out and making for the city. It was only a short walk from her dorm in the Silver Tower, and there was always a flood of trainers headed for the city, so she wouldn't have to walk alone. She was in a big group.

The crosswalk blinked green and she crossed the street with the crowd, but stopped on the other side when she saw a familiar face.

"Tokoyami!" she called, running up to her friend.

Her bird pal, Fumikage Tokoyami, nodded and smiled with his usual dark, serious air. He wore a plain black poncho over his clothes like he expected it to rain. Poking out from the flaps of the coat was his shadowy bird-like familiar, Dark Shadow, and on his shoulder sat a purple Murcrow with spiky feathers and a fierce gaze.

"Hello Tsuyu," said Tokoyami.

"Please, just call me Tsu," Tsu replied, hugging her Froakie a bit tighter.

Secretly, she was a bit surprised. Surprised at how pleased she was just to be talking to him.

She gave him a small smile, and they resumed walking, together this time, with the flow of the crowd. As they walked into the main hub of the city, everything flashy and bright and full of energy and life, a sign caught Tsu's eye. The city was full of flashy neon signs.

"Tokoyami!" she called. "Look, there's Starbucks! You wanna get something?"

"Sure." he said, and the pair pushed through the crowd and walked into the crowded coffee shop.

They had to wait in a line, but it went by quicker than they expected. As they reached the front of the line, Dark Shadow decided to act up.

"Fumikage!" he cried, "I want something too! Me too!"

"Hush!" scolded Tokoyami, "You can have some of my coffee if you wish."

"Fine, but you better get something good this time," whined Dark Shadow, retreating back into the poncho.

The kids ordered and stood waiting for their orders. Tokoyami's came out first, a nondescript iced coffee, then Tsu's, a bright green Frappuccino with a swirl of whipped cream.

"Let's go!" she said, taking a drink of her frappe.

They exited the coffee shop and kept walking, sipping their drinks and chatting.

Dark Shadow took Tokoyami's drink into his hands and took a sip. But, while he could deal with black coffee just fine, he had different tastes than Tokoyami, and he stared at Tsu's drink with longing. Slowly, he made his way out from the folds of the poncho, handing the drink back to Tokoyami and leaning towards Tsu.

"I could have some of that one too... I mean if you don't mind," he said.

"Dark Shadow!! Honestly!" scolded Tokoyami, but Tsu just smiled.

"Sure," she said, "You can have some."

And despite Tokoyami's protests, she removed the lid on her drink, letting Dark Shadow dip in his beak for a taste. He took a long drink and lifted his head back up, his beak covered in whipped cream and what looked like a gleeful smile on his face.

"S-s-soooo tasty!" he whispered.

Then louder, "Fumikage, we should never get anything else ever again!"

Tokoyami sighed and rolled his eyes.

Tsu stifled a giggle and said, "Oops, sorry Tokoyami. Not sure what I just started there."

"It's fine," said Tokoyami, and Tsu could swear she saw a hint of a smile on his face.

"Come on," she said, and they walked side by side into the city, ready for what the day would bring.

They were ready for their next adventures.

Omg thank you guys so much for reading! This is my first published story on here and your reads and votes really made my day! I've been looking forward to posting this for a while now, and I'm really glad to have readers. I probably won't be posting multiple times a day from here on out, (today is special) but updates will come often! Thanks again! Bye for now.