Chapter 40

"I had a friend." Youngjo began. "Before I met you two, I had a friend.. He wasn't like us, he wasn't like us at all. He wasn't a royal.. But a commoner. I never- I never thought anything about it. I didn't care if he wasn't of high status."

"He taught me many things. How to climb trees, how to make flower crowns.... How to have fun. He taught me a lot of words my parents would dream about me saying. He was the highlight of all of my days.. Until he wasn't."

Seoho and Geonhak stared at their hyung with concern. "My... The King and Queen found out about me sneaking out of the castle to hang out with him.. They- especially my mo.. the Queen hated that and I had to break off my friendship with him."

"Do you really expect me to do that? I loved- I love him. I can't just- I know I was young but I knew he was the love of my life. But... But I had to because they threatened me saying that they'll hurt him and make him suffer."

Tears couldn't be stopped as they fell from Youngjo's face. "I had to break it off in the worse way possible. I- I regretted every single thing that came out of my mouth." There was silence. "What did you tell him?" Geonhak asks.

"That I was the Crowned Prince and I was only friends with him because he was a charity case and I was just doing it because I felt bad. I told him that I didn't need him once I take over the throne and that I should focus on that and not.. him."

The silence was so loud, you could hear a pin drop. "You don't mean that, right?" "Of course not! I-" Youngjo sucked up a breath. "I had to because the Queen was within earshot of us and if I don't do that... She would hurt him."

A/N: If you were to sort the Oneus and Onewe members into Hogwarts houses- where would they be sorted?