Letter 1

[ Okay, so I got the idea for the writing style because I had to read Frankenstein for literature class. I loved it. orz Anyways, just skim through the letters when they begin to be boring. The chapters will be the interesting parts ]

To my beloved childhood friend Toris,

I must inform you of the tidings that have occurred lately. Ever since 1569 (the date when we unified into one state as stepbrothers), we have lived well and in peace (besides the one invasion Sweden had done). We had peace. The only problems were little trifles in myself that should have been easy to solve before this; I'm afraid that the other nations have been planning! to take advantage of me. I must say that I have never thought that the internal and political bickering in me would vastly affect me.

Empress Catherine the Great of Russia appointed Stanislaw August Poniatowski of Poland-Lithuania. Russia has tried to unilaterally dominate me, while Austria and Prussia forced terms of partition upon me, under the prefix of restoring order in me.

I fear that these events shall somehow affect my nation and I. If they reduce my country to nothing but more of their terrain, I fear that that will also mean the end of Feliks as you know him.

You must be unbelieving at the tidings. But I am usually lighthearted and giddy. You notice that in this letter, I am not. Is my seriousness enough proof of the possible event that may occur?

Sincerely,

F. Łukasiewicz, 17-