Chapter 10 ─ Time Paws-es

Dedication to one of the main hoes @oreosandmilk_yeah who is working on a 1D fanfic at the moment so if you have a love for my boyf then go and read Parts. It's ace.

Chapter 10 ─ Time Paws-es

I was looking, how Lexi would say, like I was on the kill. It had taken all day, embarrassingly, to search the internet to look for ways to style my hair. I had experimented countlessly, hair looking worse with each tease or pull or sweep and I had ended up calling Mum's friend Yvonne.

She said go big or go home.

I felt very uncomfortable with that golden nugget and had ended up walking into the kitchen to get my mum to do something with it. Surprisingly, she was amazing at pulling the fiddly bits of hair in the right direction; maybe my testing her with those peas and corn scramble had paid off, not that I would prod the dragon like that. I wasn't crazy.

The back roots were backcombed and smoothed down. I had gone through Google Images looking for the perfect makeup and finally settled on being daring and caking on the eyeliner and dosing my lips up with crimson. There was nothing on my skin though; confidence was accepting things others wouldn't. I knew that now.

And to finish this I'm-so-edgy-I-rolled-out-of-bed-with-this-much-eyeliner-on look was a white camisole made of swishy fabric, tight jeans and a cropped leather jacket, courtesy of armoire de le Jolene - not that she knew that.

"Mum, I'll be back in a few hours," I yelled as I made my way down the stairs. When there was no response I rolled my eyes and made my way to the living room. I was hoping to get out without Mum saying something about the panda walking through, or Dad commenting that The 1975 called wanting their jeans back, or Joel screaming-

"What the hell are you doing in my jacket?!" I growled lowly as I looked her over. She was cuddled up against Mum, arms looped and atop her head were the bunny ears - flopping forward so she hadn't clear vision - of her onesie.

I pulled a pleading look, my eyebrows dropping and lip plumping. "Please, only a few hours Joel. I won't lose it; I won't get anything on it, please, please!"

"Fine," she grumbled. Then she stretched forward to have a better look at my outfit. "Ross, please say you aren't wearing your bloody Converse." I looked at her deadpan; was I meant to be look guilty? "Oh Ross," she whined and straightened in her seat, pulling from Mum. "Please wear something else."

"I have nothing else to wear."

"I have something perfect," her hands, flat like they were on a table lowered with each syllable; per-fect. "Please, can I go and get them, plea-ease!" I rolled my eyes and felt a smirk form on my mouth. She squealed, jumped up and ran past me, out of the room.

"You've made her happy." I smiled, I knew I had. "She's been really down tonight - did you see the way she was cuddling up to me," she gushed, "-she and her friends hadn't been invited out to celebrate." I frowned; Joel was part of the in-crowd of her year. If anyone was there it was her and the group.

"That blows," I mumbled.

"You look beautiful tonight, Sweetie," Mum said, filling the silence. "Harrison and Charlie are lucky to merely have you as their friend," I snorted and brushed the comment off.

I didn't feel it myself, but I think my composure had been obtained around my family. I had gone by the hunch that the dare was wide spread and I had been walking around like a joke for the past few months. So whatever I did last night, I couldn't go running to Mum or Dad because it would get to my sister and if it got to her, well it got to everyone.