Chapter 1 - The Beginning

(This is just a short recap/highlights from the first game)

Savannah, Georgia

November 2003

A sudden crack sent her through the brittle roof: into a dusty attic.

"Danielle!" A woman gasped, looking down through the hole.

"I'm ok!" Called another, the girl who fell.

"Are you sure?" Said a new voice, a man.

"Yeah, keep going. I'll find another way there."

"Are you crazy?" he yelled.

"You need to find her. I can take care of myself, I promise."

"Danielle, you better be on that train."

"I will be, Christa."

"Ok, ok, just be careful. We'll see you soon."

"I'll be fine, Omid. You two better hurry."

With that, the two adults walked away, casting one final glance at the younger woman dusting herself off before continuing their journey across Savanna's rooftops.

Pulling out a bloody pocket knife and brushing away her wavy black hair, the girl set off to find a way out of the building she fell into, avoiding the living dead that wandered.

"Please be ok, Clementine."

***

'Please be ok, Clementine'.

Running across the barren street, holding a baseball bat: a girl with long raven hair and pale skin, dressed in black jeans, a red tee, red sneakers and a black leather jacket, made her way toward the house adjacent to her own; the house that belonged to Diana, Ed, and their daughter, Clementine.

Making it to the front garden, voices from the backyard caught her attention. The ravenette took cautious steps toward the side gate, clutching her bat, only to find Clementine standing unharmed with an older man beside her.

"Clementine."

Two heads snapped in the direction of the woman's voice before a big smile appeared on the little girl's face, dashing toward the older woman (who was now kneeling) and hugging her tight. "Danni!"

Holding her just as tight, the woman, Danni, sighed in relief, "Are you ok, Tiny?"

"Uh-huh, he saved me". Pulling out of the embrace, Clementine pointed to the man behind her, who only watched the interaction in awe. Standing up, she smiled gratefully.

"Thank you..."

Catching on, the man smiled, "Lee".

"Dannielle".

***

"Danni, Danni, wake up."

Kneeling next to the ravenette, Clementine continuously poked her cheek before finally making eye contact. Blinking the sleep away, Dannielle smiled at the little girl before standing up, dusting off the barn floor hay.

"Morning, Clem."

Scratching her arm, the young girl frowns, "I'm itchy."

"Well, you slept in a barn, little lady. Lucky you don't have spiders in your hair."

Dannielle jumped at the new voice, having not realized someone else was around. Next to her, Clementine gasped, checking her hair in fear.

"But I bet your daddy scared 'em all away, huh?"