Chapter 4

Peeta's Pov.

I wake up to the hum of my heartbeat. It slowly starts to sooth me back to sleep until I realize what really happened. I was in a car crash.

Wait! I wasn't the only one. Katniss was in it too! I start to hyperventilate.

What if I killed her? What if she's dead? I can't live without her! S-she might not be alive.

I sigh in frustration right before the doctor walks in. But, I bombard him with questions.

"Is Katniss okay!" I basically scream. He does his typical 'doctor smile' and he sits in the chair beside my bed. 'Oh no'. I let one tear slide down my cheek and he notices my sadness.

"Now Peeta, Katniss is alive sort of." I give him a questioning look and he keeps going. "Katniss is in a coma."

God please no! But I guess it's better than her being dead. "So when will she wake up?" I ask on edge.

"It's not the question that's conceding us most. The real question is if she wakes up."

My heart breaks into two pieces.

Katniss might not wake up.

I start to get dizzy and pass out. Thinking of never seeing Katniss's beautiful gray eyes again.

I wake up about an hour and a half later and look around the room. My IV was taken out so I stand up and stretch.

I sneak out the door and go down the hospital hall and search for Katniss's number. "118, 119, 120. Ahh here!" I look at the clipboard and it says in bold, 'Katniss Everdeen'.

I step in the room and look around. It's quite small with a bed in the center, all white walls, and all the hospital stuff that I can't even pronounce.

I sit in the chair next to Katniss and hold her hand as tears fall down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry!" I whisper. You'll be okay" I say quietly trying to reassure myself more than her.

I lay down in her bed and put her head on my chest. I avoid the wires and slowly fall asleep.

IM SORRRY! THIS IS ONE OF MY SHORTEST CHAPTERS YET! Oops didn't turn off caps😂 I wrote this in like 15 minutes so yeah. I'm getting to a block and I was wondering what I should do next. Yes, my favorite chapter is Katniss so she will live.