𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
"Dreaming"
——

"Ugh!" Jane groans as she kills one walker with her knuckle knives and spins around and pushes another walker up against a tree before Ashton slams his blade into its head

"Ugh!" Jane groans as she kills one walker with her knuckle knives and spins around and pushes another walker up against a tree before Ashton slams his blade into its head. Jane sighs as she pushes the dead walker onto the ground. She watches as Negan kills a few walkers and her, Ashton and Maggie start walking away from him while he kills his last walker. Maggie and Jane come across a lone walker and kill it together before kicking it onto the ground with the rest.

The four of them were on there way to the supply depot where Maggie said there will be some food just not enough food to feed Alexandria but they would take whatever they could get.

"Let's keep moving. The others could already be at the outpost" Maggie states as Jane catches her breath, wiping the blood on her blade off on her jeans. "Or it could just be us four" Negan declares and Jane rolls her eyes as her and Ashton start following Maggie. Although they were tired, they wanted to feed Alexandria and they needed to have hope everyone was still alive.

The four of them continue moving through the woods like Maggie insisted and it was quiet. No one knew what to do or say so they all followed Maggie since she was the one who knew where the supply depot was. "You know the only way this works is if we all trust each other" Negan states and Jane scoffs at his statement.

"You expect me to trust you?" Jane asks as she looks over to Negan who lets out a stressful sigh. "You want to stay alive just like me" Negan says and Jane shakes her head as she continues walking through the woods. "I don't think anyone could ever trust you and you don't ask for trust, it's supposed to be earned but you already screwed that up" Ashton mumbles to Negan, stating that no one could ever trust him even if he saved them all right now. What he did is unforgivable and unforgettable. Jane could never find it in her heart to trust him.

"You're a crazy, manipulative, piece of shit who killed the two people who I loved most. I could never trust you" Jane states, not turning around to look Negan in the face. "If that's how you feel, I don't know why you haven't put me down yet" Negan declares and Jane stops in her tracks. Maggie turns around and looks to Jane who stares down at her blade in her hand.

"Jane, I know you hate him but we need him" Maggie begs, not wanting Jane to do what she thinks. Jane turns around and faces Negan. She looks him in the eyes with her head held high because she's not afraid of him. Not anymore.

"You think I don't want to kill you?" Jane asks but Negan doesn't answer since he already knows the answer. "I think about it everyday but I begging you not to make me do it so I can get back home to my daughter and my girlfriend" Jane says as she continues to look at Negan who puts his head down and that's how Jane knew she won.

Back at Alexandria, Judith and Roslyn wanted to teach a group of kids how to defend themselves against the walkers since there was a group of them outside and there was a chance that they could get in. Roslyn was good knives and guns while Judith was good with her sword that her mother taught her how to use. "Since we're small we can't always reach the head of the monsters" Roslyn states. "But the monsters aren't stronger than us. So, you can kick there leg" Roslyn demonstrates. "And stab them right in the head when they're at your level" Roslyn teaches even though she doesn't have a walker to demonstrate on.