Chapter 10: Death to Deimos Deathgame!

We drove away from the gas station for about five minutes. The entire time I looked out the window into the darkness brought upon by the night. I couldn't stop thinking of Adrian, and what his betrayal meant. I had suspicions about him, but t I decided to trust him, and I was wrong to do that. It made me unsure about everyone else who was around me. Madison killed Audrey, but I forgave him. Harper wanted to kill my friends, but I forgave her. Was I wrong to do that? Soon Madison stopped the car and we all got out.

"Let's set up camp for the night." Madison said as we all got out and started to get comfortable.

"We should have someone to stay on watch so they can make sure no one attacks us, and also keep tabs on Atlas." Harper suggested to the group.

"I'll stay up on watch." I offered.

"You sure Satoshi? You did get attacked a few hours ago." Madison asked me.

"I got stabbed, not crippled. I'll be fine keeping watch. Besides, I was unconscious a few hours ago too, so count that as my sleep for the night." I said to Madison.

"Alright, be careful." Madison said as he lied down and closed his eyes. I too lied down but not to sleep. I once again looked up at the stars like I did earlier that morning.

"There's more stars in the sky then I have ever seen before, and I've been in space." Harper said to me as she lied down next to me.

"Must've been a pretty tinted window then." I responded jokingly.

"Why can you see so many stars out here but not when your on Mars, or in a city, or any other place?" Harper asked.

"I think it has something to do with light pollution. There's so much light in cities that it makes it hard to see the stars, but out here where there's hardly any light they're easy to see." I explained to Harper.

"Wow, I didn't think there was actually an answer to my question." Harper said, still gazing at the stars. After a moment of silence Harper asked me another question.

"So what exactly is the plan to get out of here?" Harper asked.

"We're going to shoot down one of the helicopters, take the guards armor, and try and end the death game." I explained to Harper.

"I meant like the specific details." Harper added.

"That is the details. We're sort of making it up as we go along." I said to Harper.

"I know your going to say I'm psycho for saying this, but wouldn't it be easier to just kill us all? Your plan isn't fleshed out enough to get us out of here, so it would be easier if you just tried to win the game." Harper explained to me.

"There's more to this than just escaping. I don't want to just survive and get my life back, I want to save the people in this death-game and stop the people running it." I explained to Harper.

"And what if you fail, and all of this is for nothing?" Harper asked me.

"I'd rather die standing then live kneeling." I said to Harper.

"Besides, if I were to kill everyone here I'd have to kill you, and you'd kill me first." I said to Harper with a smirk on my face.

"Yeah, your right about that." Harper said with a slight smile.

"Just have trust in Madison and me, this plan is going to work." I said to Harper.

"You thought you could trust Adrian, but he betrayed you. How do you know you can trust Madison? How do I know I can trust anyone here?" Harper asked me.

"I don't. I just believe." I said to Harper.

"If it's easier to just kill people to win, why did you save me?" I asked Harper.