Chapter 11: Return to Deimos

"Let us go!" Madison yelled as we were forcefully brought back into the room where the acceptance tests happened and chained to the seats where the winners sat. We were back on Deimos, and had failed to escape.

"We'll escape! Just watch!" Madison shouted at Ky and the other guards as they left the acceptance test room.

"What do we do now?" Madison asked me as the door to the acceptance test area closed.

"What is there to do?" I asked, assuming that there was no hope, and that we had failed.

"Escape, duh! We still need to get back to Harper and Atlas." Madison explained to me, but his words meant nothing to me.

"What if they didn't make it?" I asked Madison.

"Come on, don't say that. Why would they not make it?" Madison asked me.

"The arena was surrounded by ocean for miles. If they managed to even crash the shuttle they boarded they would've drowned, and that's if they even managed to crash the shuttle." I explained to Madison why I assumed Harper and Atlas were out of the picture.

"If they didn't manage to crash the shuttle they still could be alive, this isn't over!" Madison said to me.

"I thought you hated Harper and Atlas." I said to Madison.

"It doesn't matter anymore, all that matters is getting out of this." Madison said to me. Just then, the doors to the acceptance test room we were in opened, and I walked Harper, Atlas, and a third girl I didn't recognize.

"Take a seat." Ky said as he walked in behind the three of them.

"What the hell do you want?" Harper yelled at Ky.

"Harper, pull yourself together!" The girl who I didn't recognize snapped at Harper. She had brownish orange short hair and was wearing a black leather jacket.

"I want to know which one of you shot down one of our helicopters, and what happened to the men who were inside of it." Ky said to everyone in the room. There was about a minute of silence afterwards, before Ky decided to speak up again.

"No one wants to answer? All right, how about I lay out what we know already and then we'll see if you want to talk." Ky said as he began to pace in front of us.

"We know that somehow, Satoshi and Madison got they're bracelets off, and that Harper, Madison, and Satoshi were all in a room together where Madison mentioned they knew how to take off the bracelets. We also know that Satoshi talked to us using the comms of one of the missing soldiers who were in the helicopter. Looking at all the facts, it seems that Madison is the person behind all of this, but if anyone has any information that proves he isn't nearly as responsible as we assume, please share." Ky said to all of us laying out all the facts.

"I-" Harper began to speak before the girl with the short brownish orange hair punched her shoulder slightly, and Harper stopped speaking. After a few more seconds of silence, Ky grabbed a pistol from his pocket.

"So no one wants to give any information. All right, we'll resort to other options." Ky said before pointing the handgun at Madison.

"We know you are involved in this some how Satoshi. Got anything you'd like to share?" Ky asked me.

"Don't talk to him Satoshi!" Madison said before Ky slapped his mouth and moved the gun right up to Madison's head.

"It was my idea to take off the bracelets." I said to Ky, not wanting Madison to get hurt.

"Satoshi stop!" Madison shouted before Ky hit him even harder.

"Shut the fuck up, or else I'll make you regret ever speaking!" Ky shouted at Madison.