A past unworth remembering.

God, guys, it's legit been a year since this thing started, and it's changed so much- I'm so grateful for all of your support, even though at the beginning it didn't even make sense before this update.
I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS ALL I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS!

~/Darryl\~

"Hey, what's your name?"

I remember my hand holding my pencil tighter that day, perhaps the sudden voice had thrown me off. I was doing something, probably one of the endless homework packets my algebra teacher handed out almost nightly.

"Hello?"

My eyes traced up from my desk, hesitant to look to the voice.

A red haired girl with glistening emerald eyes stood before me, smiling ecstatically.

"Um, hi?" I asked, a confused tone drawing from my lips.

It had been weeks since anyone other than a teacher had addressed my presence.

"Hey! I'm going around asking everyone their names. Ya'know, making some new friends!"

She seemed nice.

"Oh, ok. Um, My name is Darryl,"

"Nice to meet you Darryl!" The girl grinned.

"So uh, what's your name?" I ask

"Allison." She smiled," Allison Azhol."

She extended her hand to me, inviting me to shake it.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Allison." I felt my own mouth lift into a smile.

"So, what lunch you got?" She asked me, still smiling.

"Oh, second." I reply.

"Oh my gosh! Same!" She cheered.

"Really?" I ask, feeling a weight lift from my shoulders.

A true 'Yureka!' moment it had been.

"Yeah! We should definitely eat lunch together!" She cheerfully glowed.

"Y-yeah! We should!" I say, smiling nervously.

"Ok, I'll see you then!" She excitedly jumped away, swinging her backpack onto her shoulders, only seconds before the bell echoed through the building.

Did I just make a friend?

A soft feeling a of warmth spread throughout my stomach at the thought.

A friend.

The feeling, the thought, now leaves me hollow, to ever think she'd befriend me.

...

"You fucking loser." Allison grinned, kicking me in the shin, before pushing off the lockers.

I gasped at the sharp pain and cradled my shin, while hopping on my other leg.

She gave a high five to all of her other friends, laughing, walking off into the distant hallway.

Her laughs still haunts my thoughts.

"Oh, and by the way!" She yelled from afar.
"I want my homework done and back to me by tomorrow!"