Three: Broken Glass and Broken Hearts

Louis

I run as fast as I can, just barely slipping through the bathroom door before Catherine closes it on me. Tears were silently flowing in steady streams down her cheeks, and I frown when I noticed that she had already scratched open her skin to make it bleed.

"It's alright, Pooh, you know that." I murmur to my best friend, lifting her chin up so she will look at me. She giggles through her tears and rolls her eyes at the nickname I gave her when we first met.

"She wants me to stay away from you, Louis, and the truth is..." Kate trails off. "I don't know if I can do that."

"I know what you mean, but I don't want you to get upset over what she says. It doesn't matter what the h*ll she thinks, alright? You'll always be good enough." I smile at her.

"Thank you, Winnie." Kate sticks her tongue out at me, using the nickname she gave to me when we met. That day was most definitely something we'd never forget, considering it has shaped our whole lives up until now. I laugh in reply, but it slowly dies down as a silence creeps in.

Kate

I was sure that this time, he was the one leaning in. I suck a deep breath through my teeth, unsure of what to do. Why is he trying again? I think to myself, thoughts running around my head. I was confused as to what this actually meant for us, I mean, his girlfriend was in the room next to this one.

Louis' eyes are closed and it makes me wonder if I should actually do this or not. It was all I had ever wanted, but could I do that to Eleanor? Could I do that to Louis? Could I do that to Niall? Could I do that to myself?

"Louis!" Eleanor screeches, busting through the door and interrupting our almost perfect moment.

I suddenly feel a stinging sensation in my cheek and a rusty taste in my mouth. Eleanor had punched me and I was bleeding.

I run out of the bathroom then downstairs, only to be stopped by my brother. "Kate, what happened?!" Niall squawks.

"N-nothing." I lie, obviously not convincing him. "I'm fine." With that, I push past him before running outside.

Jasmine

Kate ran downstairs, a bloody cheek, and bloody wrists. A gasp escapes my mouth and by the time I run over, she had disappeared out the door. "Do you know what that was about?" Niall asks.

"I have no idea." I shake my head just as a crying Eleanor walks out the door, too. There is a crash from upstairs, which causes the two of us to run upstairs and into Louis' room.

A broken lamp was shattered into a million pieces on the ground while Louis struggles to collect all of the shards. The boys are soon to the wreck just as he manages to cut himself. "Louis, stop!" We shout in unison. Jumping over the glass, the four of us pulled him away from the mess.

"Lou, what happened? Where's Eleanor and Kate?" Liam asks.

"I broke up with Eleanor!" Louis spits. "She punched her and called her a slut and wants us to stay away from each other! And today I was going to do it, but then I didn't!"

"You were going to propose?" Liam's eyes widened. "Are you insane?! She's been controlling you ever since you first got together and she's sucked how much money out of your bank account? Louis, she's only using you!"

"Shut up, Liam!" Louis snaps. "Just- just get Kate back here."

"Where'd she go?" Harry asks.

"I don't know, alright?!" Louis yells. "After Eleanor punched her she ran out and then El tried to kiss me, but then I broke up with her and threw the stupid box at her. She picked it up and then left, probably to just sell it for money."