Eleven: Heartbreak Girl

*Kate's POV*

"How are you feeling?" Niall asks, rubbing my back in circles, like always.

"Shattered." I choke out as I lay my head on his shoulder. He sighs, knowing I knew the meaning of that word too well.

"I'm so sorry, Kate." Niall shakes his head. "If I could do something, I would.. but I can't."

"I know." I whisper and let out a shaky breath. "I just want this all to end, I want to fall asleep and never wake up."

"Kate..." Niall trails off. "Please, please don't do this again." His voice cracks and I lift my head up to see that tears were cascading down his cheeks. "I hate hearing you say things like that, I hate seeing you do things like this." He puts his hand over one of my scarred wrists.

"I can't stop, Niall." I croak. "I don't know how to, everything always turns to s*it."

"That's not true, Kate." He says with a frown.

"It's not?" I cry. "Then how come all of this happened? How come I'm scared to leave my house? How come I'm scared to fall asleep at night? How come I hate most things in my life?!"

"Kate, I didn't mean to-"

"You never mean to, do you?" I mumble. "And I never mean to open up my heart to people, because I know that it will be completely shattered. Can you just get out?"

"I- I'll send up Jasmine." He stutters as he stands up.

"I want to be alone." I snap.

"I'm not going to leave you alone." He replies and I cry out in frustration. "Is it so wrong that I don't want to see you trying to drown yourself in a bath half full of your own blood again?!"

"Do not bring that up." I grit through my teeth.

"How can I not bring it up?! Everyday, I am terrified that I'm going to find you like that again!" Niall shouts.

"Don't you think I'm just as terrified, if not more?!" I squawk. "You think that whatever you feel in your heart, I don't also feel in mine?!"

"You don't know what it's like to see your twin- your little sister...hating everything around her!" Niall yells.

"What do you want me to do?!" I shriek. "There isn't anything I can do, I have nothing!"

"Let go of the f*cking razors and- and scissors and shards of glass! I can't stand to see you like this anymore!" Niall bellows.

"Then you won't have to!" I screech, spinning around and pulling open the drawer of my night stand. I snatch one of the sharpest ones, one of them that I was saving along with others in case. With an emotionless face, I turn around and hold it up to my neck.

"NO!" Niall screams, lunging towards me and I take a step back.

"If you come anywhere near me, this is going straight across." I warn as the blood trickles out of my neck, just from me holding the glass to it.

"Niall, what- holy s*it." Liam and Jasmine suddenly appear at the door, eyes wide.

"Kate, no!" Jas immediately bursts into tears, stepping towards me, but Niall holds her back. "Please, don't do this, please!"

"Right now, I just don't see the reason for trying, or for talking, or for breathing - I'm just done." I croak, gripping the glass tighter in my hand.

Louis suddenly appears so quickly and unexpectedly, sprinting over and whipping the glass from my hand, throwing it so hard that it lodges into the wall. He takes my bloody neck into his hands, pushing his lips to mine.

I squeeze my eyes shut tightly, tears flowing from my eyes steadily. Wrapping both arms around his waist, I pull myself closer to him, leaving no distance between us. The others leave the room and close the door behind them as we take a few steps back, collapsing onto the bed.

He nibbles my bottom lip and I grant him access as he flips us over so I'm on top. I let out a moan when his hips buck up so he can put something on the bedside table and I recognize the foil package.

Louis stands up, quickly locking the door and throwing his shirt off. I beam up at him as he returns to me, ready to feel human for the first time in a while.

*Jasmine's POV*

Letting a sob escape my mouth, Niall holds me closer to his chest. He buries his tear stained face into my neck and I do the same. That was heartbreaking, gut wrenching, unbearable. A sick feeling washes over me and I pull away, sprinting to the bathroom.

I'm immediately up and over the toilet, emptying my stomach. I feel the presence of another person and I know that it's Niall as he holds my hair back. Honestly, in this moment, I don't know what I would do without him.

-

"I should've been able to save her!" Niall sobs. "I can't do anything, why can't I save her?!"

"Shh." I hush him, ruffling his hair. We were currently lying on the couch, he was cuddled up into my side crying his eyes out with my arm around him. I, myself, had the hiccups, sniffles, and a pounding headache from crying. "It's alright."

"It's not alright, I need to protect her!" Niall cries. "Why am I unable to do anything?!"

"I don't know, Ni, I would tell you if I did." I frown. I hate seeing him like this, I hate seeing Kate like that, I hate seeing these people in so much pain. What did they do to deserve all this? "Shhh."

"God," Niall groans, wiping his tears away. "At this moment in time, it should be the other way around with you crying into me."

"Sometimes the knight in shining armor needs to be saved, too." I murmur. "He can't to all the work, the princess sometimes has to save the knight in distress."

"How did I get so lucky to have you?" Niall croaks, tilting his head up to look at me.

"I ask myself that about you everyday." I smile weakly down at him. Niall grins before leaning up, pushing his lips onto mine.

I could almost taste the saltiness of his tears, but I didn't care. This blonde, Irish boy was my everything and I couldn't lose him, I'd fight for him no matter what.