Nine: Management Ruins Everything

;shfaoga'ng

*Catherine's POV*

"Oh, God." I bury my face into my hands just as an arm snakes around my waist protectively. We were in the car with Niall, sitting in the parking space in front of Jasmine's school. Louis was driving, I was in the middle, and Niall was beside me.

"We're gonna be fine, Kate, I promise." Louis says, his voice soft like silk beside my ear.

"They caught us in the magazines, Louis, you and I both know what this means." I croak.

"I'm not letting the fans ruin the chance that I finally got with you, Kate." Louis frowns.

"Louis, what about the management?" I ask.

"Do  you really think I'd let them take me away my Kate?" Louis raises an eyebrow at me and I smile.

I'm his.

I lay my head on his shoulder, one of my hands resting on his thigh since my arms are too short to reach his knee. A small sigh escapes past my lips and Niall occupies my free hand.

It'll be okay. It'll be okay. I keep telling myself.

"Niall, can you get out so I can get her?" I ask.

"I can do it." Niall offers and I grin at him thankfully. He returns a beam then clambers out of the car and into the old school that had many bad memories for me.

*Niall's POV*

"How may I help you?" A lady asks when I walk into the office.

"I'm here for-"

"Jasmine?" She raises an eyebrow and I nod. "I believe she stepped out for a moment, she looked quite upset."

"Do you know where she is?" I ask.

"Check the toilets and if she's not there, I'll call her teachers." She replies then sends me out. Once I've found the toilet, I push open the door to the girls' room. Sure enough, I can hear whimpering.

"Jasmine?" I call out. Almost immediately, one of the stall doors swing open, nearly falling of its hinges. Jas busts out and throws her arms around me, sobbing. I wrap my arms around her petite waist, pulling her into my chest and resting my chin on her head. I wait until she has calmed down a bit to ask, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jasmine sniffs, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

"What happened?" I play with the ends of her hair, hoping that I'm helping. She says nothing and hands me her phone, open to all of the texts she has.

Unknown number: ur actually trash

Unknown number: skank

Unknown number: lying whore

Amber: ur just lookin 4 ur 5 mins of fame

Izzy: b*tch

Unknown number: he's just using u 4 a quick fling

Tyler: good luck with the cookie cutter popstar

Nico: have fun with ur boy toy

Unknown number: slut

Unknown number: u know he doesn't like u, right

"Jas, you can't believe that sort of thing." I shake my head, frowning. "All they want is to make you angry, they want nothing more than a reaction so they can make a story."

"What if it's true?" Jasmine cries.

"Well, you're not trash, you're not a skank, you're not a lying whore, you're not a b*tch, and you're not a slut. You're not just a quick fling, you're not looking for five minutes of fame, and I don't like you - I like you a lot." I ramble. "By those standards, what they say is not true."