season 3; episode:7

Arthur, Merlin, Morgana and Gwen, all were in the tunnels below the castle of Fyrien. Their plan to sneak into the castle had lost its surprise element the moment Morgana placed the magic ring at the tunnel entrance. Oh that clever, little witch! Unaware, the others were marching right into a trap. The tunnels were unused since long, evident from the thick layers of cobweb all around. It was nasty if you ask me. Nevertheless, Arthur was determined to rescue Gwen's brother. Merlin on the other hand, being the kid he is, was busy getting annoyed with the cobweb.
Arthur is always the first with a snarky remark to whatever Merlin says or does. He always has something to say to Merlin. Not because he gets irritated but because he notices. He comments on everything because he observes everything. How he hasn't realized Merlin's magic yet is a God guarded secret to me, but apart from that, every movement, every wince, every smile, every frown, he sees it all. So the annoyance from cobwebs was welcomed with a sarcastic remark on his hair.

Arthur, my boy, good job keeping it subtle.

While all this little play was going on our dear Gwen was screaming, petrified by the human skeletons all around. The scream fell on all but deaf ears.
So much for her being the love of your life Arthur.

After all the bantering, screaming and fighting, they were finally caught and thrown to prison.
While Morgana and party were busy discussing downfall of Camelot, our precious boys were busy scheming their prison break. No one can put them down, now can they? As they were breaking out Merlin was able to knock out one of the guards and God! Arthur was impressed!
Nevertheless he pulled the sword away from Merlin . You know, people should keep the child away from sharp objects. I  think Arthur was thinking something very similar. Clumsy Merlin. Must protect. Anywho, they escaped. Everyone, except Morgana. Of course Morgana was not with them, since she was busy discussing their deaths with the enemy. Arthur, being the oblivious little twat he is, had to go back to rescue her.

She doesn't need your rescuing!!

However he went back for her, commanding others to go ahead without him. You see, our Merlin has a habit of not doing what he is told, so...he went after Arthur. Now one can say that it is his destiny, his duty to protect Arthur but we know, no wise words can make a man do what he simply does not wish. It's not the dragon's words or the fate that Merlin follows, but his own heart. He follows because he cares. So he went back to save the witch who wishes for their demise. Amidst all the fight and the deceit they brought her back. Nothing less to be expected from the Dragonlord and the once and future King.
It was an eventful day. To be fair which day is not, in the lives of my two precious boy, a roller coaster ride? As the party rode back to their home my time to retire to my bed also came nigh.

Tomorrow too shall be a good day.