wake-up call (chapter 5)

(Ayanokouji's perspective)

What a day it has been. Never had I known that this fateful day would arrive. You [author] could have at least warned me, such that I could brace myself. However, there's no point crying over spilled milk. Horikita's down, and it left me with regrets etched in my mind.

There were several reasons. No one would know how long Horikita would be in a mentally unstable state, noting that the special exams are around the corner. Class D will definitely acquire her help, but she may not be fit for the position, leaving Hirata on his own. According to my observations from the uninhabited island, extensive amounts of pressure could unsettle him, resulting in Class-D descending into a chaotic state. Second. It depends on Horikita to decide if our allianship disbands or remains in operation. Considering our incredibly wretched relationship now, she may call it off. However, I doubted that. If she had thought whatever I have said thoroughly, it is still possible that she would' ve proceeded with plans unchanged. If class-D strays away from their main motive to achieve the name of class-A, dreadful experiences may await us. Third, due to her current state, it is highly likely that she would doze off on her own, ignoring what happens around her as she ponders about her current affairs. If Kushida makes her move with the members from other classes, Horikita might meet her fate as she becomes a vulnerable target. I should try to monitor Kushida for now.. Horikita. Even if you upset me, I'll do whatever it takes to remain in this school. I'll never have you expelled.

What worries me more is... this is an assumption, but she might suspect that I have something in relation to the TWR. Her actions support my proposition, but I may be wrong. I'd have to somehow convince her that I have nothing related to The White Room. That whatever she babbled about was unprecedented of. I didn't want her to unknowingly dwell on my unpleasant past. Next, I'd have to make my move on him.

There is one inevitable problem though. It is probably guaranteed that Horikita may attend class tomorrow to unveil her plan about the 'paper shuffle' to the entire class, and her assigned seat is directly next to where I am situated. This may be awkward.

I was laying down on my bed, blankly staring at the ceiling and lost in thought. Today was extremely eventful even I, myself, was astounded that my relationship with Horikita had been destroyed in a jiffy. ... Enough of dwelling on today. I should rest. It was 11 p.m.

Taking a peek on my phone as I turned to my side, Class 1-D's personalised boys group chat has been as lively as ever

Taking a peek on my phone as I turned to my side, Class 1-D's personalised boys group chat has been as lively as ever. I wanted to scroll and read the entire conversation, but it appeared that there were 10 911 unread messages sent in the group chat. What in the world were they even talking about which produced an outrageous number of 10 911 messages within a day?! Huh, I guess I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Obviously, it will be time consuming reading that ton of messages, so I'll leave the content for tomorrow.

As I was slowly nearing to sleep, a muffled, urgent, soft-voice which probably belonged to a girl yelled the words ¨Ayanokouji-kun, are you awake? Please, have you heard from Horikita-san?¨