Chapter three(3)

"I'm homeee"

"Wow someone's in a good mood, you
had fun on the first day of school?" Winter who was sitting on the sofa, phone in hand -probably watching films while waiting- said looking at the blonde with a smile. "Yeah! We had dinner and they we're so chaotic! I think we have a strong competitor on our 'Over confident' title Win!" Minjeong said excitedly earning a warm smile from the older.

"I'm sure won't allow him or her to beat us right Min?"

"First of all, it's a her and second of all, of course I won't! No one can beat the kim's confidence" Minjeong said proudly. "Anyway, I'm sure you guys will get along well Winter-ah!" The blonde said smiling brightly with a hint of hope in her hazel brown orbs. The younger's smile soon faded when she receive no response from her twin, Minjeong could see the hesitance on the older's eyes.

"Win, please? I swear they are nice people."

"You don't know that."

"They look genuinely nice."

"Maybe they are just acting like that so you want to be friends with them?"

"You're just overthinking winter"

"But it's still a posibility."

"Not everyone is the same!"

"Like I said you don-"

"Winter, Move on! You can't just be stuck on the past all the time!"

"Minjeong..."

"No! You shouldn't let your past affect your present!"

"You don't understand."

"I do! I do understand! But Winter, you can't just be alone all the time just because your afraid-"

"I can, and I'm not afraid, I'm just cautious."

"You are! You're afraid you'd get hurt again! You're afraid that they would betray you like what-"

"OKAY FINE! I'M AFRAID! I'M FVCKING AFRAID THAT THOSE PEOPLE YOU CALL FRIENDS WILL BETRAY AND BACKSTAB YOU, AFRAID THAT THEY WILL JUST STAY WITH YOU JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR POPULARITY, USE YOU LIKE A TOY AND LEAVE YOU TO BREAK WHEN THEY ARE DONE PLAYING! HAPPY?!"

There was a suffocating silence. Winter looks so vulnerable and broken that made Minjeong realize that her twin's past must really affected her so much for her to react like that. Guilt was flooding the younger for bringing up her twin's past. The past that the older tried so hard to forget, the past that changed her twin's perspective on the people around her, the past that broke her apart. She was there when the older was breaking, Minjeong was there to witness her sister break and change, it was hard for them too, her so-called friends broke her so much to the point that the older became cold to everyone, even to her family. It took them weeks as weeks turn to months to get Winter back to her old self. Well no, not really, her sister was still cold to others but it's still better than her being cold to them as well.

They don't know the whole story of Winter's past, they only know that her so-called friends did something that made the older like that. But they understand her situation, it's better if they wait until the older was ready to open up instead of pressuring her. It was enough that Winter was being herself with them again.

So how could she be so insensitive for bringing up the past that her sister tried so hard to push away when she knows how much her twin suffered. The obvious guilt was visible in the younger's eyes and it got even worse when she saw her sister look at her with pleading eyes.

"Minjeong please not now.... I understand that you care for me but please don't make me remember the past that I tried so hard to lock in the deepest part of my mind...." her sister's eyes glisten with tears causing the younger to ran to her with no hesitantion, engulfing her in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry for being insensitive Win.. I-I Just-" Minjeong's voice broke as tears pooled her eyes. "I just don't want you to be alone... I wanted you to know that not everyone is like them.... But I guess I didn't think before I speak... I'm so sorry" The younger said voice full of regret.