Chapter Three

Zoey got home, seeing her Mom dressed in a black long dress,her long hair was well packed and designed, she walked up the stairs still looking at her mother, thinking maybe she should greet her or not.

"I'm home, Mom." Zoey said as her mother looked at her with a smile.

"Zoey," Her mother walked close to her, giving her a hug, "How was school today?"

"Annoying as always." Zoey said making her mother chuckle, "So what's with the dress?"

"Oh, do I look great?" Her mother exclaimed.

"Yes,so do you want to tell me the special secret occasion?" Zoey asked with anticipation.

"The Logan's family are coming tonight,so I want you to hurry up and change,they would be here in thirty minutes."

"I'm sorry, what?" Zoey asked surprisingly with a widened eyes.

"I said the Logan's family are coming in the next thirty minutes,so hurry up and change." Her mother said as Zoey just looked at her.

“The Logan's family including Logan, coming to my house to see me,Oh my God, what am I going to wear? I haven't shop for the last five days, what if Logan has a bad impression because of what I wore or...”

"Young lady." Her mother said interrupting Zoey's thought.

"Yeah sure, I will be right upstairs to change, mother." Zoey said as she walked upstairs, she entered her room, going straight to her wardrobe...

“Oh my God,oh my God,oh my God, I can't seem to find anything perfect.” Zoey thought breathing heavily as she combed her hair with frustration with her hands.

Zoey scattered her wardrobe when she saw a dress that got her eyes.

"Dang."

                       ~°~°~°~
Logan scoffed with smile, "Are you kidding right now? Dad,I thought you were different."

"Logan, everyone is different." His father said as his mother breathed out heavily.

"Well you are disappointedly different." Logan said as his father slapped him, making his mother gasped.

"Do you think it's our fault you are terminally ill? And we are trying to make things a lot easier for you,we want to make moments but all you do is pass stupid aggression to us especially your mother." His father yelled the last part.

Logan looked at his father, with his hand on his cheek his father had just slapped him.

"Zayn, take it easy." His mother said to her husband, holding his arm as Logan looked at them with tears filled up the brim of his eyes breathing shakily.

"You are going to that dinner." His father said, pointing at him, "And that's final."

"No, I'm not getting married,why are you forcing me?" Logan yelled.

"Don't you dare yell at your father," His father yelled back.

"You lost that position, since you slapped me in front of mother, what? What have I done? Haven't I suffered enough? Why can't you guys follow my demands?"

"Demands? Oh, you want demands, really? Demand nothing, expect nothing, believe nothing because you are not in the state to do that. Do you know what I and your mother always face at night? We are always thinking."

"Oh really, you face things at night, now let me tell you what I also face at night, In the night, I am kept awake by the endless chatter of my inner self. I hear it speak softly of old hurts and fondly of past loves, while its demands and anxieties resound throughout me in multitudes.
I could be calm and composed all day long, but the moment it is dark, my mind riots, I'm not fine, Dad, I always remember everything single thing the doctor said about me, it's in my head and I can't get it out." Logan yelled, falling on the floor as he cried.

"Logan, it's going to be fine,we would work things out." His mother said hugging as Logan held his chest as he cried heavily.

"Tears? everyday I cry,I should have got used to it by now, you guys don't know what it feels when you know your death time, you think you are prepared to die but it's fucking hard, I'm driving insane." Logan cried out as his mother continued to hug him.

A tear dropped from his father's eye, breathing heavily, clearing his throat, "You know, you are my only child,if you die now, I won't have any generation and I don't want that to happen, Logan." His father bent down, "I love you and it's okay to be afraid, Logan."

Logan cried out loud, "Many times, the thought of fear itself is greater than what it is I fear."

His father sighed heavily as his mother continued to hug him.

"Logan, there is always a plan B and Zoey Archer is our plan B for us to be at peace at least."

Logan scoffed, "I have never had a plan B. I feel if you have a plan B, you are giving yourself a chance to never accomplish plan A. My plan B was to accomplish plan A,so to hell to your damn plan B." He yelled.