Chapter 19- Unsure love

I cup my hands over my mouth out of shock. A pool of dark blood lies at my feet.
I start to feel nauseous. Like my insides are twisting.

I step closer, not worrying about the blood. My father lies lifeless on the ground. Then I realise that the bullet hit him chest. I scream and kneel down. My tights soak up blood which makes me dizzy.
I stand and my hands shake.

"Taeyeon.." I flinch at my name.

Baekhyun POV

She has blood on her and her father lies on the ground. Her eyes are brimmed red and she is as pale as paper. She clutches her stomach and her hand shakes by her side.

Then I rush forward as she tilts towards the ground. She fortunately doesn't pass out but she looks like she is on the verge passing out.

Her hands are sticky with blood though I take them in my own. I massage them until she is calm and her hands are still.
But thy are cold. So cold they make me shiver.

"Calm down, Taeyeon." I try with a soothing voice.

She starts breathing heavily and her hands tighten the grip. I continue to rub them warm.

"I called for help once I heard you scream. I called the police and then once I saw... I called the ambulance."

She nods but her hands go white from the squeezing.

"Calm down. Otherwise you will use up all your energy on worrying. Everything will be alright."

Se shakes her head continually,"No no, what if he died already?"

"He didn't. He is still breathing." I try to convince her to stay still.

"No, check his pulse. Do it!" She forces me to stand.

I hold his wrist and I can feel the beat under my fingertips.

"He is alive. Check for yourself. Now please, calm down. Breath" I motion for her to breath. Along with her, we slowly breath in and out.

Until we hear the sirens.

• • •

I rub her back. We sit alone in the hallway of the ward. I sit with my elbows on my knees. I set my chin of my hands and tilt my head to Taeyeon.

She sits with perfect posture and her hands on her knees. She stares right at the wall with a blank stare. It stars to frighten me and her finger twitches. Then I know she is actually awake.

"Hey..." I try to catch her attention.

She simply twists her head in my direction. She raises her eyebrows.

"You okay?"

She nods,"Yeah, I just have a little blood on my clothes and hands."

I sigh,"That's not what I mean."

She stares at me blankly. Then we both turn to the sound of quiet footsteps.

"Honey..." Kai's mother coos

Taeyeon POV

I smile to relive their worries. April was obviously wasn't brought. Too gruesome for her.

"Oh my gosh. Yuni...." She pulled me into a comforting embrace. But I thought that it would be smarter not to give a reaction.

My uncle checks on me and goes back home to fetch some clothes. Kai sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"You still strong?" He asks softly

I nod,"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Kai gives me that knowing look and squeezes my shoulder. Then the hospital room door slides open. I impulsively stand and everyone stands after.

"Ms.Kim, your father is in a stable condition now. You may see him. But please, two people first today. It is in the middle of the night and our patients are resting." The doctor reports

I bow,"Thank you. Uhh, I am not sure who is going in."

I scan the group and I decide to take Kai with me. Because I case my father wakes up, he knows Kai and if I brought Baekhyun in he might start questioning me.

I look at Baekhyun and he looks at me with understanding. I smile and walk in with Kai.

"Thanks, for coming." I tell him.

"No need. I am just happy that I can take care of you like a big brother."

I nod and look up to find my father in the bed. His face is all clean now and I can have a glimpse at his bruises.

"He looks bad...." Kai says with a lowered voice.

I nod and bite my lip. No matter how much I dislike him and no matter how much I know he dislikes me. I can't help but worry about him.

"You okay?" Kai bends down to match my height.

I nod but I stare at my father. I can drag my eyes away. My heart pounds and pounds. As if Kai will hear the thumps.

I sigh and stand beside him. I rest my hand on his arm. I haven't done this after the incident. I reach for his hand and clutch it.

Then his hand twitches. I gasp and his eyelids shoot open. I let go but his hand tightly grips mine. It isn't out of love it is an action of self defence.

Kai is up and alert. He darts towards my side.

He twists his head towards me and glares.

"What are you doing here?" He slowly lets go

He is only crazy (sorry dad) because of alcohol. He groans and clutches his stomach.

"Are you okay?"

He nods and closes his eyes quickly. He catches Kai's eye and smile.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while." He says casually

Kai relaxes,"Yes, I am glad to see you again. But not really in this state."

He chuckles lightly and nods,"Yeah, anyway how did I get here?"

"I found you at home." I say.

Then something under my hand moves. My father's hand starts to twitch and he starts to scratch his hand. It turns a warm red.

"What's wrong?" I say lifting his hand.

"Nothing" He replies

"Are you sure it's nothing-"

He speeds up his scratching and it leaves marks on his arm,"I'm fine! Get out!"

His eyes are bloodshot and he starts to itch both arms. Then his heart monitor speeds up its beeps. So does my heart.

The doctor rushes in and slams the door open,"What happened?"

I shrug and back away,"I don't know..."

Kai grips my arm and takes me out the door. Everyone huddled around and Kai answers their questions.

Baekhyun just stands at my side and rests his hand on my shoulder. And we are both silent.