Chapter-2

Chapter-2-"The Devil in the Black for a reason."

Gabriel Andrew Kinkaid's POV

"What did you find out?" I sit in my office chair. My heart and my mind are all over the place since last night I bumped into her. After going home, I tried to think rationally. The woman I bumped into certainly looks like Mira, smells like her and feels like her. But if she is not my Mira, I wouldn't put one more thought into thinking about her. There is no point. Matt hands me the file as Robin and Samuel watch.

They are all watching me with curious eyes, waiting what my reaction would be. Robin of all seems nervous.

"What?" I ask her. She shrugs.

"I have seen the pictures Matt showed me of her." I nod for her to continue. "I don't who she is, but she looks exactly like her." There's no doubt in that. That's what is causing my heart to split open since last night. "But before you open that file." She interrupts and looks at me. "Mind you, we haven't seen the file, except for Matt." She clarifies. "I have a question."

"What?" My voice comes out irritated and urgent. Holding the file and not knowing the truth is killing me.

"Would you stop wearing the black clothes if she is Mira?" Robin asks and Matt takes a deep breath at that.

"Shit!" Samuel curses while smiling. Cheeky little thing she is. She is sitting there in her ripped jeans and tank top, waiting for my answer. I have stopped wearing color since the time I lost her. Not because I am mourning her. No! I do miss her! But my Mira loves it when I wear a white shirt. I remember the whole day she kept blushing whenever she looked at me. The does things to me.

The memory brings more pain than joy. Wearing any other color keeps reminding me of her. When I see blue, I think of our first meeting, when I see yellow, I remember the time she rode her cycle in her summer dress, when I see pink, I think of the time she danced in the club with me and when I see green, I remember the time she cooked me food in her night dress.

Fuck!

All the images run through my mind again and again. That's why I stopped wearing colors. Black seems perfect and fine.

"We will see." I declare, before opening the file. I am immediately greeted with her smiling picture attached to the top right corner pinned by a paper clip. She is like a split image.

How can two people look exactly the same?

My eyes shift to the information beside it.

Name: Nicole Lila Giovanni

Father's Name: Micheal Giovanni

I look up at Matt at that. He nods his head.

"Yeah. I was shocked too." He admits. Robin and Samuel look at him. "She is the daughter of the Italian Don Micheal Giovanni." He informs them and Robin looks at me with wide eyes. Samuel chuckles.

"Now that's some drama I am looking for." Samuel smile and Robin hits him on the head. "What?!"

"She is the daughter of our rival." She reminds him.

We are currently against the Italian Mafia. They keep invading the western America, selling drugs to the traders here. This is our territory. This goes against the law of James that we all follow. I get back to the information.

Mother's Name: Rachel Maria Giovanni (Died 12 years ago)

We all remember the time the Italian Mafia were attacked. His wife and daughter were the casualties. The car they were both in exploded. The Don didn't take lightly to that. He was on edge for years. We all knew his wife died, but no one knew what happened to the girl. One thing was sure. He kept her location a secret after that. Continuing, I read the remaining information.