Come

"Why are you staring at me? Did you really think I'd beg for you to go out with me? Yeah, I find you attractive, but I'm not desperate. Plus, this project means a lot to me. Considering it makes up 1/2 my final grade for the year," I shrugged. I hope my acting is on par because I'm sweating internally. For Corey to put his hand over my mouth, something serious is going on. What's he hiding exactly?

Just as I'm about to walk away, the door swings open, and Alex walks in. "Well, that was an interesting conversation. You're interesting Mia, and to be so bold, I'm amused. I can be your partner if you'd like," he winks at me.

I don't think I'll get to ask Corey anything with Alex lingering around. I'll find him next time. I smiled lightly, "No thank you, Alex. I only want Corey as my partner." I turned to face Corey.

"Think about it and get back to me." Alex chuckled, "I like the determination."

I smiled and walked past him. I couldn't pretend I wasn't feeling uncomfortable. There was something about Alex that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but I had a feeling it was best to stay away from him. 

The rest of school went by fast. I honestly couldn't even focus because too many things were on my mind. The bell rang, dismissing us. I decided to slowly walk towards my locker. I didn't have the energy to run. Just as I was about to close my locker, a hand was on my shoulder, causing me to jolt backward.

"Hey hey hey, it's just me Mia. What happened to you today? You weren't in the lunchroom, and I couldn't find you anywhere else. It's like you just disappeared. Is everything alright?" Luke asked worriedly.

"Oh, nothing happened to me. I was in the girl's bathroom because my stomach was hurting," I lied. I hate lying, but I can't tell Luke yet. I need answers first.

"Is your stomach okay?" he questioned.

"Yeah... it's fine now. Maybe something I ate this morning triggered it," I shrugged. "Hey Luke, I have to get home first. How about we catch up another time?"

Luke nodded, "Uh, yeah! That's fine. Let me know if you need anything."

I smiled and left. I couldn't pretend everything was okay when it wasn't. The longer I stay with Luke, the higher chance I'll spill everything which won't benefit any of us until I get to the bottom of this. As I was walking home, lost in my thoughts, a car pulled to the side in front of me. That looks like Corey's car if I remember correctly. I slowly kept walking with the intent to ignore it until the window rolled down.

"Get in," Corey demanded, stopping me in my tracks.

"For what exactly, Corey?! Can we talk now?" I sighed.

"Mm," was all I heard.

I looked around to ensure no one was in sight before entering his car. 

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Not sure yet.." he whispered.