Chapter 7- Gruvia

Gray went about the town of Magnolia, looking around every corner for the familiar water mage. He knew she wasn't on a job since he recalled her mentioning that she had plans with Meredy today.

Apparently, Crime Sorciere was in town and the two had planned to meet up.

The only problem was that Juvia didn't say where. So, he was left to search the town for her. He just hoped he wasn't too late.

After about an hour, he found the duo in quiet little coffee shop on the edge of Magnolia. From the window he saw them laughing over some coffee and pastries.

Gray didn't waste a second. He burst in and darted over to their table catching everyone's attention. Including the two girls.

"Juvia!" Gray called as he approached.

"My love!" Juvia beamed at him.

"Hello to you too, Gray." Meredy rolled her eyes.

Gray was far to focused on Juiva and her response to hear Meredy or anyone else, for that matter. Which included the others in the coffee shop making comments about his missing shirt.

"Can we go somewhere private? I need to talk to you." Gray stated.

Juiva clasped her hands together and little hearts formed in her eyes. Her sweet beloved wanted to go somewhere. Just the two of them. It was like a dream.

"Of course!" Juvia answered enthusiastically.

But just as she was about to turn to Meredy to ask if it was okay, an unexpected smell hit her nose. It appeared to be coming from Gray and she just had to ask.

"But...um...why does my beloved smell like fish?" Juvia asked.

"That's...not important. Just come with me please." Gray begged.

Juvia was about to agree, but she also didn't want to just leave Meredy alone. They had planned to meet today and she didn't want to spoil their time. Even if it was her love asking.

"Alright, but...Meredy do you mind? I'm sure it won't take too long." Juvia assured.

"I don't mind at all. Enjoy it and make sure to tell me every little detail when you get back." Meredy winked at her.

"Thank you. And Juvia most certainly will!" Juiva remarked.

So, she got up from the table and followed Gray outside. He lead her around to the side of the shop. It wasn't much for privacy but Gray would take what he could get.

Still, he did a quick scan of the area just to be safe. When he found no prying eyes, he turned back to Juvia.

"So, what is it you wanted to tell, Juvia?" Juvia smiled brightly at him.

Gray opened his mouth but wasn't quite sure how to put it.

"I just need to know...do you...is it true...that you...have a boyfriend?" Gray stumbled over his words.

Honestly, he couldn't believe he was doing this. He felt so stupid but he absolutely had to know if there really was someone else. Of course he still had his doubts, but with Mira's conformation over the magazine, he couldn't help but worry.

"Is this your way of asking Juvia out!?" Juiva cheered.

"N-no! I just...I want to know if you already have a boyfriend? That's all." Gray scratched the back of his neck.

Juvia pouted in disappointment, but shook it off a moment later. In an instant, she was back to her bright happy glow as if nothing had happened.

"Of course not. If Juvia truly had a boyfriend, she wouldn't be after her beloved anymore. She wouldn't love you anymore. But Juiva wouldn't worry. She loves you now more than ever." Juvia chirped.