chapter 3 Mias POV

Mias POV 

His arm was resting across my shoulders and it sends a shot of electricity through my body,  it was the most intense feeling I've ever had in my life. I squirm away just as we reach the door of the café. 

The place is jam packed full of the regular customers, but the normal hustle and bustle was no longer, looking up I see everyone watching me make my entrance. 'do I have something on my face?' I thought to myself as I take the seat at the back of the room.

Lucas sits down in the single red chair opposite me on the small round table. The table is sticky with polish and ring marks from a previous customers drink. Lucas is flipping through the menu when the waiter comes over to take our order.

"I..." I was about to ask for my regular when Lucas buts in.

"Fries and two large strawberry milkshakes."  how did he know what I wanted? I was hoping it was just a lucky guess. He looks at me and must have seen the confusion on my face. "You do like strawberry milkshake? Don't you?" all I could manage was a small nod. 

I felt nervous, unsure of what to do. I rest my hands on the dirty table and pick at my nails.

His hand strong, muscular hand stretches across the table and rests it in mine. I automatically stiffen at this gesture, every nerve in my body sparking to life, all the hairs stand to attention. I don't know what was happening to me, how could something so small make such an impact.

I look up and his smiling, it's like he knows what I'm thinking and feeling. For the first time since we bumped into each other this morning I see Lucas properly, his wonky smile that creates a small dimple on the right hand side of his mouth. His naturally pale skin almost translucent under the harsh light of the café. High cheekbones and chiselled jawline that a sculptor would only dream of. Shaggy black hair falls across his forehead and waves down to his shoulders, framing his face like a beautiful masterpiece. 

The thing that I couldn't stop staring at though was his eyes, eyes so blue they look like they could influence the waves. So bright, bright as the stars in the sky but they hold the darkness of the night. 

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed the food had arrived. I heard someone clear their throat, looking up I notice the waiter was back and stood patiently waiting to put milkshakes and plate of steaming hot chips down in front of us.

I pull my hand from his and tuck them into my lap. The tall glass holding the delicious thick pink liquid is placed in front of me and I take a long swig through the straw. The taste wakes up my taste buds and I can't help stifle a moan of pure satisfaction. 

I hear Lucas ask for something but don't pay attention. I reach forward to grab a chip from the plate in front of me but Lucas slaps my hand away "Wait a minute." I stare at him with my bottom lip sticking out trying to pull a puppy dog face and obviously failing miserably as Lucas bursts into fits of laughter, going to the full extent of holding his stomach and wiping a lone tear from his eye.

"What? What is so funny?" I ask, trying to fathom out what I had done to make him laugh so hard.

"You.. Are just... Too damn cute..." He was laughing so much he couldn't even get a sentence out. 

"Be quiet people are looking as if we are mad."

"Let them, because I am mad..." he has finally stopped laughing and he winks at me "I'm mad about you." he gives me his winning smile and my hearts swoons.

"You sir are beyond cheesy I didn't think it could get any worse, then you say that!" I laugh now, biting the corner of my lip to try and stop myself. He smiles back and something fills his eyes... Lust? Passion? Out of the corner of my eye I see the waiter return with mayonnaise and ketchup. He puts them down and mumbles something to Lucas whilst he stares at me.