Chapter 2 Lucas POV

Lucas's POV

I knew the plan... I knew my mission... What I had to do... Walking to the bus station in record time I sit and patiently wait for my target.

My mind wanders back to our first meeting and I knew she was the one. No one told me she would be this beautiful, never in my wildest dream could I have imagined such flawless perfection. She was my mate, but we couldn't ever be together, she was meant for bigger things and I was meant to stop her.

'Lucas you need to stop thinking like this... You know what you have to do.' my self conscious is kicking in and I know that its speaking the truth.

Like clockwork I see the bright lights of a bus heading towards me, I remain seated and wait patiently for it to pull up. I look through the window and see Mia is the only passenger. She stands and makes her way down the aisle not once glancing in my direction.

The doors open and she jumps off the bus, she glances up and sees me. I stand up and make my way towards her, she follows my lead but takes tentative, small steps like she's afraid of what might happen once she reaches my side.

I look down at my beautiful companion "Hello Mia." I mutter to her in a low voice. I wasn't quite shore what to do. She looks at me through those dark lashes of hers. My heart dropped, her outstanding beauty got to me every time.

"Hey" her voice was so quiet I'm surprised I even heard her.

"You look lovely." her face flushes a deep shade of crimson matching her lipstick. My eyes flash back to the lips, she's biting it and it is by far the hottest thing I have ever seen. I wish that I could bite that lip.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." she gives me one of her winning smiles.

"Ha, your too kind." I chuckle to myself. I love this little burst of confidence. "so, what would you like to do?"

"I thought you wanted to see the sites?"

"Why do I need to do that? You are the only site I want to lay my eyes on." I wink at her, and she laughs, a genuine heart felt laugh and I can't help but smile in response.

"That has to be the worst chat up line ever, but you are beyond cute."

"So what can we do in this small town?" I need to get back in the game, get her alone, make her love and trust me. It's what I was bred to do.

"Well it's getting late, we could go grab some food?" eurgh... Food, human food... I swallow the lump that has formed in my throat.

"Sounds good to me, what would you like?"

"We could go to Crumbs? It's the towns most popular chav hangout but they do good chips?" she smiles at me and my heart melts. The thought of food makes me sick to my stomach but if it's what I have to do then it's what I will do.

"Sure, my treat, lead the way Angel." she flashes me a cute smile and sauntered off ahead, my eyes can't help but look at her perfect, round bum. I restrain my urges and walk on after her.

Catching up to her I sling my arm around her shoulder as we cross the road and head into a small cafe.