Chapter Four.

a/n: I recommend listening to the song attached while reading this chapter!

• • •

Sweat.

The immediate smell of sweat and alcohol pinched my nose before I could even set a foot inside the club. It wasn't a wonder why it smelled like the air had been a concoction of all things sweet and sour given that I could see a mess of bodies intertwining with each other, skin to skin, lips to lips, hands to hands.

The thick air was a powerful punch to my senses, even my eyesight clouded as I made my way further inside. I held Teal's hand tightly, but even with this, somehow I felt isolated and claustrophobic with all of the people who were too high to realize what time of day it was.

There were many, many different shades of color brightening the area inside with powerful speakers hung up in every corner playing explicit songs. I felt torn up in euphoria with the thundering vibrations from the music pumping vigorously through my blood and against my now ecstatic heart.

I tried hard to breathe against this, tightening my grip onto Teal's hand, but it just felt harder to push against the thickness suffocating me the more we made our way into the heat and middle of the crowd.

I needed air.

"Hey," I tried to get Teal's attention, but she couldn't hear my voice on top of the booming music.

"Hey!" I yelled a little louder and pulled her hand.

She snapped her head towards me, but by the way she looked euphoric under the fluorescent and neon lights, I could already tell that she didn't want to leave any time soon. Her smile was wide and bright, reflecting the sparkles in her eyes, and I didn't want to crush her spirit.

So I did what any good friend would do.

"I think I'm going to head to the bathroom!" I told her. She squinted her eyes so I didn't think she heard me.

She tilted her head to the side, allowing the flow of her natural African curls to slightly bounce. "What?!"

"Bathroom! I'm heading to the bathroom!" I annunciated clearer.

"Oh! Okay! Don't get lost!"

"Roger that," I huffed under my breath while turning my direction to the back of the club where I presumed the restroom would be.

A mess of bodies blocked my view from scanning where it could be located. Knowing that I had to somehow get through the crowd once more, I silently cursed myself for allowing Teal to drag me into the unbearably undesirable situation.

Again, all at once, the lack of hygiene immediately hit me, scrunching my nose as I attempted to squeeze myself through the crowd. I felt a set of hands caress my waist and some guy's hard crotch brush my ass in the process of intertwining through the seeps between these drunken and hormonal people.

It was unflattering, to say the least. My skin rubbed against unfamiliar skin uncomfortably, but I held my breath a little longer and pushed a little further to finally make my way out of the sweaty bodies.

The only problem was that I had no fucking clue where the bathroom was.

I bit my lip unconsciously, trailing my eyes left and right to somehow discover a fluorescent glowing light indicating a restroom somewhere, but I remained clueless and felt helpless.