Chapter Seven.

The way my blood was pumping vigorously, I assumed everyone in the room could hear my chaotic heartbeat. I was breathing heavily, scared out of my damn mind, as I could feel strands of hair stuck to my humid skin due to sweat. I was paralyzed without a single ounce of adrenaline. I felt envious of those who, in a life or death situation, were gifted with enough adrenaline to run — At least move.

But with Harry breathing on my neck, holding me hostage with his menacing demeanor, I could simply and only manage to cry and quiver.

Harry's hand remained wrapped around my neck, though he kept his pressure light enough for me to sustainably breathe. His silence was pure angst until he broke it with the furrow of his eyebrows. "What's your name, flame?"

I fluttered my eyes briefly at the sound of his low sinister voice before taking in a short wavering gasp. "M- M- My—" I stuttered, unable to make out an acceptable sentence from fear.

"M- M- My—" Harry mocked, getting closer with every taunting word. "Words, love."

"Her name is Cairo Lovia," Ace chimed in while he leaned up against the wall, his arms folded calmly, "The newest bartender that Glass was telling you about. You'll also be glad to hear she's the same girl that was eavesdropping that night on Crowlair Street, aren't you sweetheart?"

Looking at me as he said this, Ace smirked widely, raising his eyebrows in a teasing manner. I snapped my eyes at Harry as my heart raced faster. I couldn't believe all my biggest fears were unfolding in front of my eyes, and I couldn't be able to stop them.

"Tsk, tsk," Harry clicked his tongue, letting go of my neck before lightly holding my jaw for a better view of my face, "Well, isn't this lovely? It's almost as if faith brought us together, hm?"

I felt him stroking my cheek with his thumb, smearing my persistently streaming tears — A tactic to taunt me more.

I shook my head lightly, the peak of vulnerability being the highlight of my frantic terror. After the terrible thought struck me, I managed to impulsively blurt out, "What are you going to do with me?" Tears filled my waterline, blurring my vision.

Harry looked at me intently, olive-green striking eyes fixed on my vibrating pupils, "What do you think?"

I trembled with a sob, "Kill me?"

At that moment, my heart sunk to the depths of my stomach with the way Harry switched his demeanor. There was no longer a playful tease playing at his expression. No, there was absolutely no emotion shown. He looked detached and unhinged, far from a touch of humanity. Something switched within him — His eyes were blank and unexpressive like the eyes of a predator.

I heard Niall chime in, "Harry, we can't—"

"Shut the fuck up Niall," Harry snapped with enough aggressiveness in his voice to make me flinch hard. He didn't even move an inch to address Niall. He kept his eyes locked with mine the entire time, completely unhinged.

"Is that what you want, hm? Do you want me to kill you?" Harry nudged his head to the side a little, getting closer to me.

"No! No, please. I'll do anything — Just please, don't kill me," I pleaded like a hopeless beggar, sobbing heavily. The more he glared at me, the more he looked less human. I was utterly frightened by the numbing sensation of horror.

Harry clicked his tongue, his edging smirk returning. "Say your words carefully, flame. Surely you don't mean anything, do you?"

"Yes, I mean anything just please don't hurt me." It was getting harder to see with the tears reddening my exhausted eyes.