I Could Never Leave You (Mapi León x Reader)

A/N: Here it is! Sorry it took so much longer than expected but hope you enjoy this 4k ish fic!!

You wake up in the morning ready to start your game day routine but when you roll over you realize your wife is no longer in bed.  You groan before finally getting out of bed to get dressed.

Stepping out of your bedroom, the wonderful smell of breakfast that she must have been cooking hit your nose. You made your way toward her in the kitchen surprising her when you wrapped your arms around her waist from behind.

"God babe you scared me," she jumped turning toward you and smiling. "Good morning", she added pecking your lips.

"Good morning Mapi. I told you that you don't have to wake up early on game days just because I do", you replied.

"I know but I want to because it makes you happy and if you're happy then I'm happy", she smiled pecking your lips again.

"That was sweet but really corny", you chuckled grabbing the breakfast Mapi had made for you as she playfully pushed you away from her.

---------------

A while later you were walking toward your daughter's room, not expecting your wife to already be in there. You stood watching at the doorway in awe of the way Mapi is and has always been with Camila since day one. When the doctor had told you that you were pregnant and the treatments had worked, you were both in shock. Scared even, because the idea of being one of the single things that a human being had to rely on to survive was a lot of pressure. But you were even more so in shock that the pregnancy would go as smoothly as it had. Looking back now, you were incredibly thankful to have Mapi by your side through it all because she made everything easier. And now Camila was the funniest, most caring and precious little four year old you could ever dream of.

Before you had Camila, you and Mapi had not been married very long but you both felt ready because you knew what you wanted. With Mapi everything was always very clear. It was the type of love that would stay forever and made each of you want to grow old with the other and raise a family together. It was always something the two of you talked about and were prepared for so all the backlash or scrutiny that came with putting your career on hold at a relatively young age for a family that had only been in the works for a few months was definitely worth it.

Just how worth it that experience was wouldn't become apparent to you until you were finally able to welcome your beautiful daughter into the world. She very quickly meant everything to you and Mapi even through all the sleepless nights and awful cries on planes when out on away trips. Those were the times you were most thankful for your teammates who all loved and kept her entertained. But no one was as good with Camila as Mapi.

All Mapi had to do was pick her up when she cried and all the tears would stop. As soon as she was in her Mama's arms the cutest little smile would creep up on her face and all her worries went away. It probably had something to do with the fact that the younger one was the splitting image of her mother. Not only in her appearance but also her personality, something that made you love the both of them even more.

Eventually you walked into the room seeing Camila's face brighten when she saw you.

"Mommy!", she exclaimed jumping out of bed to run into your arms. You planted kisses all over her face causing her to squirm in your hold.

"Good morning princess, did you have a good sleep?", you asked setting her down.

"Yes I was just telling Mama about my perfect dream last night," she answered climbing into Mapi's lap on the bed.

"Oh really and what was that?"

"You scored in your game and you won so you and Mama were super super happy and we got to go get ice cream with Abuelita after."