Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE

Jennie finished packing her things which contained two percent of school supplies and ninety-eight percent of her girly girl things. She stuffed it all in her Chanel mini backpack that cost almost ten thousand dollars.

She was about to spend more time examining herself in front of the mirror when her phone beeped.

Taehyung:

I just arrived. Do you want me to come inside?

She halted in her tracks and just wore her backpack. She promptly typed a response as she was walking.

Jennie:

No. I'll be there in a minute.

As she heads downstairs, she saw her father sitting in the head seat and the woman she considers a witch just beside him. They're both eating breakfast while having some conversation.

"Breakfast," her father invited when he noticed her presence.

"I'm just gonna have some on the car." She kissed her father's cheek while simultaneously looking daggers at the woman on the side. She menacingly glared at her before walking out.

Immediately, she spotted his Genesis GV80 SUV and directly sat in the front seat. It was as if he was her personal driver. Driving her to school, then to her house, even in her hang outs. He considers it as his job and he's not even complaining... since he kinda like it too.

He's wearing a polo with its sleeve rolled up, exposing the protruding veins on his arms. Her eyes glanced at it for mere seconds then forcefully swayed it from her mind remembering how he defensively reacted last time.

The corners of his lips rose when he saw her place the mini backpack on her lap. That was the bag he gifted her on her last year's birthday and he's cock-a-hoop over that fact.

"Good mood for the first day of the semester, huh?" she pointed out. "What a nerd."

He ignored her words knowing he was pleased for a whole different reason. Instead, he handed her a paper bag with burgers and a vanilla smoothie inside of it. He started the engine as she also began to dig in with the breakfast he bought for her.

"This is delicious. Where did you buy this?" her muffled voice while munching the burger.

"Newly opened shop just a few blocks away from my place," his short reply.

"It's really delicious!" she cheerfully spoke while sipping on the smoothie.

"Have some." With her hand holding a smoothie already in front of him, and the straw already touching his lips. He has no choice but to sip on the straw that she has already sipped on.

Not that he finds it unhygienic, but he can't help but think they indirectly shared a kiss with that. And they both kissed indirectly a lot of times already and it's a big deal for him. Every time.

"Fuck. I wanna sleep!" she complained as they are already inside her first class' designated room. He made sure she was seated first then took his jacket out of his bag and placed it on her shoulders.

"I'm gonna go now..." he excused himself.

Jennie watched him walk away. As he neared the door, the girls in the hallway started gawking at him, whispering and giggling. She saw a girl block his way out and hand out her phone as she flirtatiously tucks in some strands of her hair on the back of her ears.

"Someone's talking to your boyfriend..." a sudden voice that almost made her jump out of her seat.

She side-eyed Mino, the guy who she finds annoying, from the moment she stepped into college up until now, unceasingly. "We're just friends."

He sat beside her with a teasing smirk flitted across his face, feeling satisfied with how he successfully got a reaction from her.

Her eyes landed on the hallway again but Taehyung is already not there. Even the girl that approached him is not there.

She groaned in frustration. "I didn't get to see what happened next because of you!"

"Let him get a girlfriend already. He's stuck babysitting you all his life," he teased then comfortably rested his head on the backrest as he placed his airpods on his ears, dismissing any coming retortions from her.

An urge to punch him surfaced but their professor suddenly went in. She just slumped on her chair and crossed her arms, trying to calm herself.

In her thoughts, they're friends so it's natural for them to care for each other. She cares for him. He cares for her. Also, she can't even picture him out with a girlfriend. All he could do is study, study, and study. Dating, hugging, and kissing... he's not fitting for it.

From before to the present, he flat-out rejected all the girls who exhibited interest in him.

Jennie sighed heavily in relief as she was already not seeing any signs of Mino in her consecutive classes after the first one. They're just classmates for that one subject since he enrolled late. At least it got better than before where he's around her all the time.

Taehyung:

We're already five minutes overtime. I don't know when the professor would finally dismiss us.

"We are going clubbing this weekend. Wanna come?" From her phone, her eyes lifted to Sana, her block mate from last semester, and surprisingly, this semester too.

"I'm not sure..." her short reply then faced her phone again.

Jennie:

Should I wait there instead?

She calculated in her head the distance between the two buildings. From the College of Business Administration to the College of Law.

Taehyung:

No, we just finished. Where are you?

"Why? Are you busy? How about next next weekend? Or when you're free? You should bring your friend too!" she gave her a series of questions without pause.

Jennie:

Student lounge. Hurry up! I'm hungry!

She sent a pleading face emoji before lifting her eyes to Sana again. "I really can't. But I'll give you a heads up when I change my mind..."

In just a few minutes, he already saw Taehyung walking near. She immediately stood and headed in his direction. He took her bag and hung its straps on his elbow, carrying her belongings like usual.

At one glance, others could say they're a couple. But no. They're not. Not a fling and not a situationship. Just nothing.

Mere friendship, they said... but their relationship couldn't even be considered a platonic one. She desires for him too. Maybe she's not aware of her own feelings? Or maybe she's just in denial? It's a conundrum that only she could answer.

_______________________________________