Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR

Scattered papers and a pile of her books occupied his study table. She's lying on his bed, browsing her phone, while he's skimming her book in Credits and Collections. The school was just starting and she was already slacking off and unmotivated. And he's the only one capable of making her get back on track.

From the book, he lifted his eyes on her. With her hair disheveled on his pillow, and body comfortably rested on his sheets, he knows he's gonna have a hard time falling asleep tonight.

"Come here..." he called.

Jennie instantly placed her phone down in reflex, as if caught doing something illegal. Because she's scrolling to her socials instead of doing her assignment.

"Leave your phone behind and come here," he said more firmly this time.

She languidly stood, threw her phone on the bed, then went near him. She then groggily pulls up a chair. When she sat beside him, he immediately got a whiff of the scent of a subtle jasmine.

"I told you I would just answer those when-" her words were cut off.

"Stop procrastinating and get it done."

Taehyung placed the book in front of her. Watching her every movement from the moment she grabbed the book, to the moment she started to skim through it.

A wistful smile played on his lips as he watched her pout and sulk.

He scanned her face. Eyes traced her perfect cat-like eyes and dumpling-like cheeks. His gaze traveled on her angled jawline, up to her full and luscious lips. Looking at it makes him want to plant countless kisses on it.

Taehyung found himself drawn to her like a moth to a flame, his thoughts constantly orbiting around her presence.

As he admired her beauty, his eyes caught a glimpse of her black-colored brassiere against her thinned fabric white shirt. An image of her in a sexy lingerie flashed in his mind. He shut his eyes and grunted as he tried to get rid of that thought.

Jennie suddenly placed her pen down loudly on the desk.

"I know I am not as smart as you but you don't have to grumble like that! You should just correct me instead if I got it wrong!" she snapped, ticked off by his grunting, construed as him discontented or disagreeing with the answers she just wrote.

"I'm not. I just thought of..." he trailed off.

Her eyes turned into slits, like daggers cut through him. "What?"

Taehyung cleared his throat.

"Just some family affairs..." he lied through his teeth.

They know each other so well that she can sense that something is off with him, she can't just pinpoint it. She was about to say something when her phone rang. She just glared at him, stood up, and picked up her phone from the bed.

"Hello?" she answered the call before even looking at the name of the caller. It was already too late when she saw Mino's name on it.

"My brilliant and generous seatmate!" he greeted her with blandishments. "Done with the assignment already? I can't find answers in Google so you're obligated to share your blessings."

"You asked the wrong person. I haven't even finished it yet."

"Who's that?" Taehyung purposely made his voice loud and clear.