Part 2 - Rush Hour

Jake's POV

"Jake! You're still asleep?!"

Luke's voice found its way through my foggy subconscious, effectively waking me up. I blinked a few times before shooting out of bed to see the time.

"Crap! The shop already opened! Luke, can you deal with the cashier while I get dressed?"

"Sure, but hurry. I saw Stacy trying to manage the entire kitchen plus the morning customers by herself."

"Stacy? Oh no."

"Yep, exactly. So hurry up!"

Luke dashed out of my bedroom, slamming the door behind him. Muttering curses to myself, I pulled my pajamas off, throwing them in a corner. I tugged a pair of ripped jeans on, and threw on my uniform peach-colored shirt and matching peach-colored socks. I glanced in my mirror, trying to make my hair look decent. I quickly put on shoes before running out of my room to deal with the morning rush hour.

>><<
Hailey's POV

"Hailey, Hailey! Come on, wake up! You and Zander were gonna take me to the bakery where you got the chocolate cookies!"

My heavy sleep was sharply broken by Bethany jumping on my bed. Well actually, I was sleeping on her bed, and she was sleeping on the couch.

"Ugh, five more minutes, Bethany. I'm exhausted."

Bethany stopped jumping and instead plopped down next to me. "Yeah, Zander said you'd be exhausted since you spent all night on your phone."

I shifted under my blanket to face Bethany. "I did not. I was only on it until one in the morning."

Bethany's eyes widened. "Is that how late you usually stay up? How are you not dead?!"

I sighed. "Bethany, the older you get, the less you'll need to sleep. And since I'm nineteen, I don't need as much sleep as a nine year old."

"Nine and a half," Bethany corrected.

"Look, are you going to stay here interrogating me on how much I sleep, or are you going to let me get dressed so we can go to that bakery?"

Bethany quickly jumped off the bed, running out of the room. I craned my head to make sure she was gone before flopping back on the pillow.

The truth is, I stayed up so late because I was checking out the online reviews for Juke's. To my surprise, there wasn't a single bad review left on the place. Most of the reviews were teenagers fangirling over the workers, though, and they didn't really say much about the goods or customer service. I scoffed, remembering the especially flirtatious worker I met last night. Today, I was going to keep my guard up, and make sure that I didn't get myself into a repeat of last night.

Groaning, I pushed myself up, trying to ignore the creaks of the too-small bed underneath me. Bethany had insisted I use her bed instead of the living room couch. I personally think she wanted to sleep in the living room so that she could watch movies late at night, and be nearer to the kitchen if she got snacky.

Digging through my still-packed suitcase, I found a pair of shorts and a flowery tank top. Checking to make sure no one was near the door, I quickly changed. I tugged on a pair of flip-flops, brushed my hair and tied it back, and left the room.

"You're finally ready," Bethany jumped up from where she'd been waiting. I glanced at the door to the spare room, and Bethany walked up to it, banging on it while exclaiming, "Zander, hurry up! We're all waiting!"