RED - Debugging

Heads up, this will be the most angsty part.  Sorry Red, I tried :(

***

It was one of those times when Red was especially glad to be alive. There was nothing like a group hug with the four best people in the world.

They talked a bit more after that. Mainly about inviting The Chosen One over at some point and that Orange needed to learn to control his powers. Something too about Chosen changing computers and anchors, which made sense to no one but Yellow.

Eventually, they all drifted off to silence. It actually wasn't a bad silence. Red needed a little time to think.

It was extremely disturbing that Alan had mistreated his own animations. Had kept them subdued for many years, then forced them and his other animation to fight each other. To do such a... a thing to a sentient like himself and his friends...

But Yellow had made sense as well. Red remembered the time when he and Yellow got Alan's Bluetooth speaker in the other room to connect and play loud music. Alan had been especially peeved about that since the little one was sleeping, but they had apologised, promised to never do it again, never did it again, and Alan hadn't deleted them.

Perhaps a human getting older did mean changing in a good way.

The thought came to Red that there could be other stick figures out there with bad animators. Perhaps he and the others could help in some way. Red wasn't sure how that would work or where to find other sticks (perhaps in that internet world?) but resolved in the meantime to keep an eye open for other sticks who might need help.

He started feeling uneasy when Green stood up, said something about practice, and had left. Then Orange muttered something about taking a walk. Then Blue left too. Yellow had opened his laptop and was typing away at something. Red sat there for a few awkward moments then left to go feed his animals.

He couldn't figure out why it disturbed him. That they had just all... went their own ways.

***

He opened the door to caws and barks and warbles.

"Hi all! Ach, yes, yes, I'm here, it's good to see you."

He made his way through his noisy animal friends.

"Yes, yes, I'm here to feed you. Urgh - okay, I missed you too buddy."

After rummaging in a chest, he placed down a fresh hay bale block in Tennor's area.

"There we go. Hay for the llama. You're a good girl, yes you are! Don't let Yellow hear that."

He gave Maari a gentle pat on the head as he rummaged through the adjacent cabinet.

"Hmm, almost empty. Gonna need to get some more pellets from the aquarium game. Let me note that..."

He quickly scribbled that into the battered notebook on the corner table. He grabbed a jerky treat.

"Okay, Dapt. Sit! ... Good boy. Roll over! Yes, good boy. Chomp! ... yes, good boy! Here you go, enjoy!"

The raptor gnawed on the jerky. Red sat on a stool, surveying the room. Maari tilted her head at him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, it was a long conversation."

A bleat from Tennor.

"Well... it was... enlightening. Basically, Orange has powers. He literally destroyed Dark Lord and brought us back to life."

A squawk.

"Yes, really! Chosen's seen it. And - well - I'm literally alive."

"... I wish I could've seen it. I wonder if Orange's powers look like Chosen's powers? Or Dark Lord's powers, but less evil?"