7. NOSTALGIC ENCOUNTERS

Hello, all

Enjoy reading!

By the time Manik escaped the Baasu Baadi, his energy as well as patience had exhausted. It was easy dealing with bad people, but it was difficult when you couldn't categorize them into any category. Not even grey.

Cabir saw him collapsing on the couch and felt a surge of anger in him. His friend had to stay away from his peaceful life, family and his world just for the sake of this mission. He knew it was very important for Manik and hence, didn't say a word. But that doesn't mean he supported it. He detested the people who Manik was pitting against. They were selfish, uncaring, insensitive and too much proud. They never understood relationships. The sort that his best friend kept himself away from.

Now that he had to acquaint and deal with those very people, Cabir knew it was getting on his nerves. He was helpless in front of his best friend's stubbornness but decided to offer him comfort.

What happened, Manu? Cabir asked sitting beside Manik receiving a deadly glare from him.

No one calls me that except Mamma. So, if you want not to be thrown out of the house, shut up! Manik replied closing his eyes. A headache was starting.

Did you take your medicines? Cabir asked doubtful.

Manik gave an apologetic look while Cabir shook his head. Why was he so careless?

Kaam tha, Cabir. Manik reasoned.

Doesn't explain you not taking your meds. When you open your mouth this time, do it for gulping down your meds. Cabir said calmly and Manik complied silently. Calm Cabir can terrify even terrorists.

Why do you insist on doing everything yourself, Manik? You have fabulous family, great friends and exclusive Cabir Dhawan to help you. He tried to lighten the atmosphere asking him his question at the same time.

Manik didn't seem to pay heed to his joke nor query. But, his silence whispered a lot to Cabir. He had something in mind that he was not telling anyone. One of his father's trait.

Cabir handed him his medicines and a glass of water and after making sure he had his medicines, left to make a call. After all, someone had to bear his frustration and Manik didn't seem like an option right now. Why not the man who is like Manik or who Manik is like?

As the phone was picked up, Cabir shouted Shaurya Malhotra ji, I have loads of complaints against your beloved son. And you too.

The man on the other side chuckled. It was a routine and he had to admit he missed it since his son left to India. His son had a best friend who held him responsible for all of his son's reckless and idiotic behavior (according to Cabir)

Kya hua hai, Caby? Shaurya replied to annoy him further. He knew Cabir hated the name.

Itna tho accha naam hai mera. CABIR. Why do you want to make me a chauffer? Cabir said making a bad face.

Naam accha hai, tum nahi. That's why. Shaurya said still typing on his laptop.

Shaurya, you are still working? Cabir heard a feminine voice and laughed when he heard Shaurya muttering a Mar gaya.

Chalo Maamu, get ready for the lecture of my beloved Maami. I think it is 1 a.m. there? Who asked you to be up so late? That too with a family like yours. Cabir guffawed at his Maamu's plight. Now, he would have to bear lecture on health and discipline in installments. None of his family members will let the matter go.