6. THE ENTRY

I assume many of you are confused with characters and relationships.

So, first I'll clear a few things.

1. The Basus, Malhotras, Murthys and Mukherjees are the four major clans we have here.

2. Anurag Basu and Vishesh Murthy were the best of friends, also school and college mates. They also had another friend in their group who would be revealed later. Hence, all the Murthys know Anurag well and consider him family.

3. Anurag Basu had died years ago, along with his family i.e. his wife and son in a fire tragedy.

4. The Basus, Mukherjees, Murthys know each other and Basus, Mukherjees are the same family since the eldest Basu is married to a Mukherjee.

5. For a reason I'd reveal later, the Basus and Murthys have sour relations.

6. Nandini is distant from her family because she feels they are partly responsible for her Chachu's, who is apparently Anurag, death.

7. Manik Malhotra is a person who just came to India on an important mission. His childhood was spent abroad with his family and friends.

8. The only overlapping character is Abhimanyu, who is Manik's best friend, but works for the Murthys to help Manik in his mission.

Now, go back and read the clans again. Things would be clear. For, a better idea, read all the 5 chapters once again 😋

If you have anymore doubts, feel free to share them with me. I'd try and answer as best as I can.

A new chapter up ahead...

Enjoy reading!!!

Mohini laid on her bed thinking about whatever conspired today.

What? Nishi shouted, too stunned at her daughter's stupidity. What on Earth was her daughter thinking?

Are you crazy, Shreya? Do you even know what it is to call Manik Malhotra home? Mayank was worried for his family. He knew what it meant calling Anurag Basu's replica home.

Though Mayank didn't attend the meeting at the Murthy's, he got the news that left the business world aghast.

Mayank, not believing the rumors flying around, googled Manik Malhotra and was astonished to see the results.

A perfect replica of his Mamu.

Manik Malhotra entering Basu Baadi would mean refreshing all those wounds that have not healed yet.

You are calling them now and canceling this entire contract. No matter what. Shantanu Mukherjee commanded in a no-nonsense tone.

Shreya looked at her grandmother for support, who seemed to be fighting a battle of her own in her head. She sighed. Maybe it would be wise to do what her father said.

Shreya didn't have any significant recollection about Anurag. All she could remember was a man who cuddled and played with her whenever he visited her home. Therefore, unlike the remaining Basus, she didn't miss him much.

She picked her mobile to call them, when they all heard a small voice.

Onu? Nivedita, whom Anurag calls Nivi Di with affection, whispered.