chapter two

The minute I got inside I had my first congratulations of the day from Claire from recaption she is kinda my friend I arrive at my office after a dozen stop to congratulate me for my second baby and it made me think wather it was true or just because I am the boss's boss's boss wife when I enter something is wrong hannah isn't there I don't give it much thought but I can see her handbag on the chair which means she came in today I head for my desk to find a huge box inside there is about two dozen rose from cristien with a card saying welcome back I can't wait for you to come home yours the not makes me smile I start working there's not much I need I catch up with I have been working from home but I am waiting for hannah to come so that I can catch up with the gossip which reminds me to check my email and I find an email from cristien and before I read it I find I knock on my door and then It's opened hannah comes in with someguy I don't know "welcome back ana it's very nice to see you congratulations......."she hugs me "this is Adam Smith he is has been assigned to partner up with you on your new project " Adam Is a tall handsome guy and almost cristien's age he shakes my hand and hannah leaves the room "hi miss gray right ... I am kinda new here "he muttered it has been a while since anyone miss to me it actually feels weird hearing it I don't give much thought and I don't correct him 'please call me ana' and we start talking and working I descover that he Is new in town and apparently he doesn't know anything about who my husband is it's refreshing to have a casual conversation with someone . The day was almost over when I realized I haven't heard from cristien all day and then I remember the email and fetch my blackberry from by bag quickly and I remember putting it on silent mode eight phone calls I am in trouble I stare at the open door with horror "hey ana if you are free why don't you come and grab a drink with me "Adam mutter s and before I can even say any thing cristien is with us answering for me "I am afraid she can't " he walks In so that he is standing beside me and kisses me hard on the lips boy he is mad ''cristien gray ana's husband ''He says coolly "Adam Smith ana's partner "he smirks at me and shakes cristien's hand shit this is gonna be bad cristien turns to me "baby we have got to go " 'okay let me get my things 'I grab my things quickly once we get into the car his expression changed into one of anger "why didn't you answer my email " 'sorry baby I just didn't get to it was busy ' "and your phone " 'I had it on silent mode ' He gazes and put one hand in his hair "I was worried about you " he whispers ' I know baby I am sorry ' He kisses me briefly and after long silence "so that Adam guy who is he " ' He Is supposed to work with me on the new project 'He scowls "so he will be working closely with you " 'yes' "how close exactly " and I know his intintions 'closely he is gone be all over me throughout the project ' I smile at him and he frowns At me.