chapter four

It's time for the inevitable quarrel. God we were so happy why did she have to come our way .why did I have to visit him at work. Every thing was just going fine . God I am so mad but I don't know who I am mad of. cristien inturptes my thoughts "ana" and he is gazing at me if he is assessing my reaction and I stare at him giving him the most deadpan face I can and without saying a word I turn back to my book but I can't really concentrate on reading a word I am dieing to hear what he has to say but Instead we are both silent for a couple of minutes and it killing me but I am not going to say a word he is going to be the one starting this conversation. He turns to my side and sites beside me and and I want nothing more than to be in his lap and as usual he knows exactly what I am thinking and before I know it I am on his lap "I didn't know she would be there "and honstly I have nothing to say so I am going to say nothing and I know that's going to drive him crazy after a couple of seconds "say something" and I continue my silence "ana please just say something "and he is gazing at me his eyes full of fear and it just breaks my hart to see him like that "what do you want me to say cristien " 'any thing just don't do that "and when I look at him he looks so vulnerable and my hart sinks at his sight like that "cristien I just saw my husbands ex-lover who happens to be a child molesters. And she was in the same room as my child "I snap as a sudden rage flows through my body "baby he is okay she didn't touch him "he says slowly as if talking to a child "she almost did cristien " 'but she didn't "and he hugs me hard and it's all i need and I relax and I feel his muscles relax as well .it comesout of me before I know it "what did she want anyway? " i say trying and failing to sound uninterested " she wanted to see me "he mutteres "why" "she said she missed me ""when was the last time you saw her " "you know when " "no I don't " he looks at me sadly " "when you told me that we are having a baby " "okay. But why now of all times she decides that she wants to see you "I don't know ana and honstly I don't give a damn "he snaps and drags his hand into his hair "so you haven't seen her since " " yes ana seeing how it hurt you and how it felt almost losing you I couldn't hurt you like that again. You don't believe me " "no I believe you " "good. you know how much I hate being doubted "he is expression changes into a more serious one his eyes get dark all his vulnerability vanished just like that. Oh god his mood turns one way to another so fast it's so confusing "I want you now " and his words are my undoing and I forget everything it's just the two of us right now. I wake up before the alarm and it's early too early and it's the usual over heated I feel waking up beside cristien after an argument. He is still asleep he looks so young when he is asleep so peaceful and I keep staring at him the whole Mrs . Robinson dilemma forgotten just the both of us ,our family nothing else and his eyes flutter open "what" "nothing I am just watching you asleep you remind me of someone he looks exactly the same when he is asleep too " he frowns and I smile "and who might that be ?" "A very handsome boy " he keeps frowning " and does that handsome boy have a name "yes a very beautiful one actually theadore raymond gray" I smirk at him .cristien smiles "I thought he looks like me all the time " he pouts "yes he does "and he gives me his shy smile and kisses me gently.
Me blackberry rings while me and Adam are discussing some new changes. And it's ray it's not like him to call out of nowhere like that I answer quickly concerned "daddy is everything alright are you okay " "yes Annie relax everything is alright . I just called to thank you and cristien for inviting me over this weekend and inviting me and Jose for the fishing trip with cristien and elliot I was really starting to miss you and the kids " what fishing trip . What weekend "of course daddy I miss you to so much and the kids miss you as well " and as usual dad is brief "okay sweat hart see you soon good bye " "good bye daddy "I start my messenger program but this deserves a phone call. Do I call him and he answers quickly "ana baby are you okay " he sounds concerned "yes baby I am fine I just called to ask you about ray " and Adam is gazing at me so I turn my chair to face the other way "yes I wanted to surprise you I knew you missed you father and how much you would like for the kids to see there grandparents more often so I thought that that would be the best way for me to make up for what happened yesterday " " I thought we already made up for that "and I flush remembering last night and I hear him grin "and you invited Jose to your fishing trip " " well despite him wanting into my wife's pants he is good at fishing beside I well be there as well as elliot, ray and Kate " oh and Kate too "thank you cristien " I smile foolishly aware of Adam listening to our conversation but I don't care "what are you doing any way " "I am in a room with a bunch of people weating for me to finish my phone call with my wife " and I flush suddenly embarrassed "oh sorry for inturpting I should go " 'but I like talking to you " "good bye cristien I have to work too talk to you later baby "and I hang up when I turn to face Adam I feel suddenly shy and he is still gazing at me "sorry for the interaption " "no problem " 'so shall we resume what we were doing " " yes please" and he smirks at me and I feel really embarrassed .
Author's Note
I have added some extra material because of the long pause and because i will have to pause again for a while because I haven't finished my exams. I hope you enjoy and please write your feedback
Thanks