Prologue

Three weeks of writing back and forth online and she had no idea what his real name was, where he was from or if he was even really a pilot. He was too perfect with every other detail. They loved the same foods and drinks, even in the alcoholic category, they had similar interests in their reading material when they did get to read, and everything about his personality, if her luck wasn’t standing strong and waiting to name him a total fake then he was everything she had been wishing that Jeremiah could be.

ChaosCruiser111: So do you think you’re ever going to be in my neck of the galaxy?

CrystalDart638: Well they say that the faster your messages go through on this site the closer you and that person are, so I think we’re pretty close. A lot closer than the dim wit that messaged me a few weeks back.

ChaosCruiser111: Well then we should try and meet up, do you have your own ship or only your service one?

CrystalDart638: My service ship is my ship, I practically built this thing during training, it’s their idea of knowing what you have before it’s gone, and the idea that if you know how it’s made and put together, you’ll know every weakness and every strength like you know your own… When and where did you have in mind?

ChaosCruiser111: I like their thinking, how about tomorrow, I have the weekend off and can show you how a real pilot flies.

CrystalDart638: In your dreams I bet I could out fly you any day.

ChaosCruiser111: Oh yeah, what would you like to bet then my dear?

CrystalDart638: How about a real first date, if you win I buy, if I win you have to paint the admission of your loss down the side of your ship with my radio tag.

ChaosCruiser111: Speaking of which, that was something I wanted to ask you, so that we’re not shocked at our face to face, what colors do you fly?

CrystalDart638: What, do you think we’re sworn enemies? Because at this point, if we are then my sworn enemy is a better match for me than the man that wants to marry me here at home. I fly green.

ChaosCruiser111: Then let us hope my red finds favor with your green, it would be a shame to have to steal you away from the life that you know.

CrystalDart638: As if you could steal me away, if I don’t want to go somewhere, I don’t…..except shift, mine’s coming up. I’ll see you tomorrow..

Krystal logged off and stretched before standing and rinsing her cup in the sink. “If only Chaos were a Marconian, it would make this all so much easier.” She told herself as she went to change into uniform. She was up for her guard shift even though she was a fighter pilot. They believed she needed some dirt on her boots when she was grounded and had assigned her an afternoon shift, the most awkward shift the station had, a measly six hours of walking around in circles for three days a week.