How To Save a Life (a Harry Styles One-shot)

I watched her from the behind the scenes as she posed for Victoria Secret’s. Beautiful pale skin, with a hint of tan glowed beautifully underneath her chocolate brown hair that fell to the middle of her back, and framed her soft, round face that fit perfectly with her lovely hazel eyes hidden behind long dark eyelashes. Her name was Elle, and she was beautiful. It took me only but a week to fall in love with someone who didn’t even know my name. Often did I come to work with Gemma just to see her lovely smile and hear her angelic laugh. She was a young and rising model, while I was the teenage outcast of a brother to her makeup artist. The photographer had ended the shoot, and she was quick to walk off set. Ever so often, was I so lucky to catch a captivating smile from her, leaving me breathless. My phone buzzed in my pocket,

“From: Gemma:

Hey, do me a favor? You’ll love this. Go to Elle and tell her I can’t make it up there. I know she’s probably looking for me. Tell her you’ll drive her to the coffee shop and then home. She won’t mind, she knows you’re my brother! Don’t make a fool of yourself! Love you! Thanks so much. Xx”

You’ve got to be kidding me. I sucked up all the strength in me and made my way down the hall, to her dressing room. I knocked ever so slightly on the door.

“Mrs. Clarke? It’s Gemma’s brother.”

A bit of shuffling came from the other side of the door, and then it opened.

“Hey babe! Uh, where’s Gemma?”

“Sorry, she won’t be able to make it... I guess you’re stuck with me. I’ll be driving you home, and to the coffee shop.”

“That’s fine! Just let me grab my bag.”

When she finally came out, I led her to my black range rover parked outside. We both reached for her door at the same time. Her hand landing on mine for a split second, she smirked up at me and removed it.

“Well aren’t you quite the gentleman.”

She hopped in the car, and I made my way around to the other side, sliding in next to her. I started the car, turning the heat on and shuffled my hair then swiping it to the side. As we backed out and made our way onto the main road, I broke the silence.

“Gemma never told me what coffee shop it was.”

“It’s the small one near Hyde park.”

I knew exactly where it was. It was full of memories, good and bad. As we pulled in, she unhooked her seat belt and slid out.

“I’ll only be a minute.”

I nodded and she made her way into the shop. Her tone a bit sad. Completely opposite from when she was in front of a camera. As I was pondering, she slid back into my truck.

“Do you even know where I live harry?”

“Not really, but it would be better if you told me.”

“Primrose.”

After a 20 minute drive, we finally pulled into her flat. I got out opening the door for her and walking her in. it wasn’t really an awkward silent between us even though we were complete strangers. She dug deep in her purse, searching for her keys. Once she found them, she was already in her house.

“Um, Elle wait...”

“Yes harry?”

“If I may, you don’t seem too happy... how come?”

She sighed and shifted her weight over to one hip.

“Would you like to come in?”

“Sure.”