𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8: 𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕿𝖔 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖁𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓'𝖘 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝟝

3rd Person POV

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible! I didn't get to see it much yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary. Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues." Grim said.

"Hm they look quite familiar to me... But I can't remember who they are..." Lucy mumbled. Unaware someone heard it. 

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" A sound spoke.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" 

"She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!"

"Wah! That is seriously messed up!"

"Hmmmm I mean- That's quite- harsh-?" Lucy mumbled

"Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?"

"Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong. But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?"

I agreed to Grim's question.

"Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!"

"Im Grim! I'm a prodigy whos plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived. That there's my far less interesting hench-human, Lucy!"

"Oi! Grim I'm not a hench!" Lucy said.

"Lucy? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it. But you're the girl everyone's talkin bout right? The one who made the whole room cold as freezer just to catch a racoon! Nice to meetcha!" 

"Hm~ Nice to meet you too, Ace!" Lucy smiled.

"OI I AM NOT A RACOON!"

Ace and Lucy ignored him.

"OI DON'T IGNORE ME"

"Where were we... Ah yea about the statues!" Ace and Lucy continued talking, ignoring the poor racoon.

"Hmph..."

"So Ace the lion with a scar.. Who's that? Can you tell me about him?"

"Of course! That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna. But he wasn't born into the throne - he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes. When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals."

"Sounds like a great guy!"

"I agree. At least he looks past social status, and being fair to the hyenas who were treated unfairly."

"Who's the octopus lady?"

"The Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto. She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk. If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever! They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad steep, though. But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!"

"Wishes huh... Of course wishes comes with a great price, isn't it? Since nothing comes for free..." Lucy mumbled.

"Myaha! So you're sayin' that once I'm a great mage, gettin' rich off folks will be a total cinch?! Oh, oh! Do the dude with the big hat next!" Grim laughed.