Chapter 3

Not much change for this. Just took out a repeated paragraph.

I just want to thank everyone again for reading my crappy story so far. It feels good to see people actually like something that I wrote. I had a review from someone asking why Sasuke was acting the way he does in CH. 1 even though he was the first to feed Naruto in canon. Well, I like to think that in my story Sasuke acts more like an entitled brat who's never been told no. That doesn't mean that he won't grow, on the contrary I hope to develop Sasuke into a decent character. He really just needed to be taken down a peg. Anyone can me questions about the story and I'll try to answer them without spoiling as best as I can. As always, I don't own Naruto or anything that has come from the anime or manga.

Namikaze Estate

Naruto awoke about a decent night's sleep, considering everything after yesterday's events. From becoming the lone student of Kakashi to receiving his inheritance, yesterday was a very taxing day for the young heir of the Uzumaki and Namikaze. Naruto made his way down to his kitchen. He started to make a checklist about what he needed to get done. He needed to get groceries and new clothes. After doing his morning routine, Naruto made his way to the kitchen for breakfast. After completing his customary cup of ramen, he sensed Kakashi about to enter the house.

"Hello, Kakashi. I'm surprised that you're here early," Naruto stated without turning around to face his new sensei.

"You're a sensor?" Kakashi asked, slightly surprised that Naruto could sense him coming.

"Yeah, I figured I got it from one of my parents. I never really told anyone about it, though, so you're the only one who knows," Naruto said while still fixing his ramen. "Now that I think about it, I should tell you more about what I know and can do, right?"

"That would be preferable, but we can discuss that later when we start training," Kakashi mused as he read his little orange book. "I am here to figure out how we should conduct your training from this point. So, I figured we could assess your current skill level and then go from there. I have a rough idea of the regime that you're going to be doing and with whom."

"I like the sound of that, but I do have a few things I want to do before we get started with training. First, I need groceries, and secondly, I need new clothes. I can't exactly be a great ninja while wearing 'kill me orange,' now can I?" Naruto told his father's student.

Kakashi thought and said, "You make a good point. I know the best place for anything ninja-related, plus I need to see someone there anyway. I can suggest a few grocery stores in the shinobi section of the village that have fair prices for you."

"That sounds good. Just let me finish breakfast, and we can get started," the young jinchuriki said. Once finished, the two then made the way to Higurashi's Weapons and Supplies.

Higurashi's

Naruto and his sensei had walked into the store that Kakashi had mentioned earlier. Once inside, Naruto noticed the various sections containing clothes, weapons, and different shinobi tools. While looking around, he heard a female voice, "Welcome to Higurashi's. Is there anything I can help you with today?" Naruto turned to face a young woman probably a year older than him, wearing a pink Chinese-style shirt, black pants, and blue sandals. Her hair was in a Chinese-style buns on either side of her head with short fringe-bangs falling over her forehead protector.

"Yes, you can. I'm looking for some new clothes and sealing supplies like ink, brushes, and paper," Naruto stated while eyeing the pants on the racks in front of him.

"Well, I agree that you need something less disturbingly bright. I'm Tenten. Nice to meet you. I guess you just graduated, right?" the now-named Tenten stated to the young boy standing in front of her. That's when she noticed the tall scarecrow near the boy. 'That must be Kakashi. Guy-sensei's eternal rival' mused the girl before turning her attention to the blonde standing in front of her.