7

A, N: Hello dear readers. So, sorry for the wait. Life is difficult at the moment. Took 2 weeks' vacation from work to help my cousin who needed to be operated on her foot. Didn't have much time to write at all since she also has a dog, and I had to take care of her. Very productive week. Now here in the second week, I needed to destress, so yeah, my motivation for writing was lacking. Luckily, I did manage to write this, so have fun reading. Please leave a comment on what you think when done. Would like feedback.

He was running and running with no target whatsoever. How could he when they were after him? On the hunt for him like a predator was to a prey. Sure, he might not be able to see them now, but that didn't mean they weren't hiding in the shadows. All he knew was that if he stopped, he was done for. It was as simple as that. His hair was flapping in the wind leaving a tiny trail of golden locks behind him. His feet were burning as they hit the streets of the city. Usually, his endurance to anything was top-notch, but the lack of rest and access to the power of chaos had left his body worn down and tired. It was for that reason he was currently in his human form. He let out a surprised gasp when he found himself at a dead end inside some kind of dark alley.

"Nowhere left to run Mizar" A voice then said behind him and made the cornered barian turn to face his pursuer.

Dark purple hair met his gaze along with piercing blue eyes that had Mizar growl fearfully. Of all the people Don Thousand had sent after him it had to be Nash their former leader. He was one of the few duelists who could stand against him in a duel and win. Especially now that he was so drained.

"Give yourself up Mizar and your punishment might not be that severe..." Nash continued with and was holding his purple hand towards him. Mizar let out an offended growl as he was glaring at their former leader.

"Might not be? Have you not seen him angry Nash?" Mizar sneered back "The minute I set my feet in the barian world I am dead. I would rather die on my terms and honor Kite's memory than go back with you". Nash let out a deep sigh.

"I do not wish to do this Mizar..." He then replied.

"Then let me go Nash. I know you have free will...".

"I am sorry, but I can't do so" Nash replied. He was looking at him with sad eyes "Sure, I might have no chains on me, but... If I disobey him again, Yuma will... He needs me okay. I cannot afford to come home empty handed".

"Then let's do this!" Mizar challenged and activated the duel disk on his wrist. Nash surprisingly didn't. He was hesitating.

"Mizar, how is it you can disobey him?" Nash then asked and surprised the blond. "The chains. Vector showed me how they are linked to your Lapis and that is why they are unable to resist any order from him. But for some reason, you are not, why is that?".

Mizar hummed slightly at that. His eyes flickered to something out of the left corner of his eyes, but then he nodded.

"Dragluon," he said.

"Dragluon?" Nash questioned bewildered.

"Yes, number 44. My number from ancient times" Mizar confirmed. "The mythyrian numbers. They have the effect of canceling Don Thousand's powers. At least from afar. But if you think you can free the others with the same method you are sadly mistaken. I do not think Don Thousand will ever let that mistake happen again".

"What do you mean?" Nash asked him. Curiosity could be heard in his voice.

"Ah, you were not present that day. Let me elaborate" Mizar began explaining "As you know Don Thousand brought us all back to life per the agreement of the deal he made with his son. But as reassurance he linked our Lapis with his life force, making us unable to disobey him. That is further enforced by the over 100 number cards that enhance his powers. We were each forced to draw our respective over 100 number cards. From Dumon's number 102 to my number 107. Ironically, he had placed those numbers on top of the original numbers. That became his downfall. Number 44 Dragluon called to me right away and when it was my turn, I fought with all my willpower and grabbed the dragon instead of my Tachyon dragon. In the confusion, I teleported myself away before Don Thousand realized his mistake. He would not fall for the same trick twice I am afraid".