«Punching A Jiang Is Good For Your Health»

“A glass of champagne and years of stifled anger was all it took for Lan Xichen to punch the living daylights out of Jiang Wǎnyín

“A glass of champagne and years of stifled anger was all it took for Lan Xichen to punch the living daylights out of Jiang Wǎnyín.”

_______________________________________

They talk about his brother-in-law. They made it a little too obvious as they whispered among themselves. He thinks that coming to this party was a mistake. Though he was filling in on behalf of his brother-in-law and his brother, he felt as though he was making a mistake by tolerating their bullshit.

He wishes that he could get drunk. And he looks at his husband, all tall and scary next to him with a flute of champagne in his hand, disappointed that people were talking bad things about Wei Wuxian. He doesn't show up for one dinner party and people are already assuming a lot of negative things about him. Some neutral whilst most negative.

It was what he called the effect the Jiangs had on a crowd. Lan Xichen called them a crowd of pigs when he was too drunk. Wei Ying never paid much attention to the disrespect he received from outside, but watching a drunk Lan Xichen ramble about the big socialites who talked bad about him was a fun thing to do.

What he did not like the most about Wei Ying was how he wantonly disregarded the fact that he was abused by the Jiangs. Mingjue always playfully tried to get the man to accept that his childhood had indeed been something of a horror story, but Wei Ying only laughed it off. On a good day, they laughed together whilst they ate dinner.

But, the sight of his eyes glistening by the time they finished laughing was unmistakably not because of laughing. The next few days would be silent, his brother did not like how Nie Mingjue always pointed out the things that he shouldn't, Wei Ying was the same as usual. He was happy, healthy, and far away from the Jiang's, they had disowned him a long time ago, when he was fifteen.

Lan Xichen did not understand what gave them the rights to talk about Wei Ying anymore.

"That's a lot of champagne.", Nie Mingjue tried to take the flute of champagne away from him. It was of no avail, Lan Xichen was a strong man, sometimes his inhumane strength freaked him out.

I'm going to kill him.’, Lan Xichen thought inside of his head and soon enough realized that he was drunk. He didn't think of such violent things when he was in the right state of mind. He did not mind the Jiangs when he was not drunk, sure he hated thinking about the days when his brother-in-law lived with them.

Though he knew that it had been a long time since he had been anywhere near them, he couldn't help but resent them for how much they made him suffer in the name of debts.

Almost a decade later Wei Ying was an attorney, thriving and in his prime. Lan Xichen was happy for the younger man, not only was the man married to the love of his life, but they had also adopted a little four-year-old boy.

Wei Ying came across the little boy when he was defending a different branch of the Wen's. It was the entirety of the world against him when Wei Ying chose to defend the most affected branch of the Wen cooperation after the corporate espionage.