Chapter 2~~ His voice

I ran until I was sure no one else was following me.

Walking is what I do now. No need to run if they can't catch you.

I wonder how father is taking my absence.

He is always a calm person but I wonder if they'll take it out on him.

"Hey! Hey you there." I was deep in thought so I didn't notice a little boy running towards me.

I felt no treason so I decided not to run, I just kept walking as he ran up to me.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

I looked at him, he looked young unlike the men who were chasing after me.

"I have no home." I replied but it came out too harsh so I stopped walking and looked at him.

"No one has a home anymore, but you can come with me. We have lots of food."

Food? I don't need food. I don't eat human food.

But instead of telling him my personal business I agreed to go with him and he lead me in a direction until we heard another voice.

"Hault! Who goes there?"

"Me it's Danni and..." He looked up at me not knowing my name and I gave him a confused look.

"And friend."He responded still staring at me.

As he said that a man stepped out from behind a tree, gun in hands and looked at me.

"Ahh Danni you've done well." He said and stepped aside so that we could walk through.

We walked more and more for what seemed like hours.

"That was Lay, don't mind him he's just seen a lot in his lifetime. To much for me to know anyway."

I responded with a slow nod as I could see little under ground houses up ahead.

~~~~After She is Given a New Home~~~~

Love, from what I have learned about it, is a beautiful thing. And what I feel from the man walking toward me is true. Is this love or is it normal?

"And what is your name?" The old man approached me first.

His brown eyes looking down into mine told me they had plans for me.

"Lanae," Was the name the little voice in my head told me to say.

I don't know why she said that name but she did and that name brightened that old mans skinny face up and he greeted once more,

"Welcome home Lanae."

After the old man left the other guy walked up to me slowly, as if enjoying the walk. He motioned for me to come forward with him and I obeyed foolishly. My eye's drifting into his. My nose smelling the sweet, innocent smell of him. But my mind thinking indecisive thoughts of him.

He asked my name as the old man did and I replied keeping that little voices choice of name.

"Lanae," He whispered to himself not realizing I could hear.

We walked and walked until we came across a small lake where little children were playing. All boys. Except one girl.

"All children to supper." He said not raising his voice over theirs and yet they still heard him. He said as if he were father to the children. Now noticing my presence they all ran up to me hugging me and dancing around me. "Our new mother has arrived" they squealed "She's come." At the sound of children calling me their mother shocked me.

"All children to dinner." He said a little louder and the little nubs ran away.

"Sorry about that," he apologized "We only have two women left in our camp."

"I never got your name." I said changing the subject because I have no idea what goes on in the outside world.

"Logan Tavern." He said as he took his hand in mine and kissed the palm of it.

I smiled as he began to walk off and beckoned for me to join him.

My stomache sort of twisted a little and I got a little dizzy as he took a little glance at me before walking off.

At dinner I ate various of diffrent foods for the first time. In the Science House I had only eaten wild berries. My father said it was because there was a high growth rate of them around the building and the other scientist refused to feed me anything else.